Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Python Grabber scripts (Read 82276 times) previous topic - next topic

Python Grabber scripts

Some users reported errors using the scripts I posted here
The errors are result of incorrectly saving the copied scripts, probably indentation errors, so I'm posting those scripts as ready made files here:

[attachment=5122:Discogs.zip]

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #1
Some users reported errors using the scripts I posted here
The errors are result of incorrectly saving the copied scripts, probably indentation errors, so I'm posting those scripts as ready made files here:

[attachment=5122:Discogs.zip]

Many thanks!!

Works a treat

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #2
[attachment=5177:lrcDB.zip] Search format: artist-title. LRC (time-stamped) lyrics. 26 252 records Link

[attachment=5178:LyricsNET.zip] Search format: artist-album-title. 184 912 records Link

[attachment=5179:LyricsTime.zip] Search format: artist-title. We have added around 1.000.000 new song lyrics (2007) Link

[attachment=5180:LyricsTXT.zip] Search format: artist-title. This is the same server as lyricsreg.com. More then 700 000 records Link

[attachment=5181:pLyrics.zip] Search format: artist-title. PLyrics is lyrics source dedicated to punk music Link

[attachment=5182:Songmeanings.zip] Search format: artist-title. Artists: 39,266; Songs: 446,280; Albums: 14,226 Link

For questions about python grabber go here

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #3
Mistype error corrected and some specific parsing, and also descripton should refer to lyricslib.com (not to lyricsreg.com):

[attachment=5184:LyricsTXT.zip]Search format: artist-title. This is the same server as for lyricslib.com. More then 700 000 records Link

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #4
Mistype error corrected and some specific parsing, and also descripton should refer to lyricslib.com (not to lyricsreg.com):

[attachment=5185:LyricsTXT.zip]Search format: artist-title. This is the same server as for lyricslib.com. More then 700 000 records

[attachment=5186:LyricsTime.zip]Search format: artist-title. More than 1.000.000 records

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #5
corrected code page for accented chars etc.

[attachment=5191:Songmeanings.zip]
[attachment=5190:pLyrics.zip]
[attachment=5187:LyricsNET.zip]
[attachment=5189:LyricsTXT.zip]
[attachment=5188:LyricsTime.zip]

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #6
[attachment=5194:AMG_review.zip]

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #7
Same error as before:

Code: [Select]
foo_grabber_python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\foobar2000\pygrabber\scripts\LyricsTXT.py", line 41, in Query
    url = 'http://www.lyricstxt.com/lyrics/'+artist[0]+'/'+artist+'/'+title+'_lyrics.html'
IndexError: string index out of range

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #8
That can only happen if you don't have artist tag, right?

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #9
Updated AMG review:
  • faster
  • if fetching multiple releases (release with no review got assigned to previous review value) corrected

[attachment=5204:AMG_review.zip]

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #11
maybe there is a way to make a plugin also www.lololyrics.com 

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #12
maybe there is a way to make a plugin also www.lololyrics.com 

I'll look through it tomorrow. As I see quickly right now they don't have some straight search engine, but we'll see

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #13
[attachment=5212:lololyrics.zip]Search format: artist-title. We are the leading lyrics site specialized only on electronic music with over 8000 lyrics spread over genres such as Hardstyle, Hardcore/Gabber, Drum & Bass and Psychedelic Trance link

Possible problems with accented characters. I tested the script very little lacking the music for which lyrics are offered

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #14
Updated AMG review:
  • faster
  • if fetching multiple releases (release with no review got assigned to previous review value) corrected

[attachment=5204:AMG_review.zip]

Where did this one go??

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #15
Hello 2E7AH! 

I tried to download some of your scripts , but i have absolutely no idea what to do with such an information: "[attachment=5190:pLyrics.zip]". Hope you can help.

By the way:

Would really love to see a script for that hip-hop lyrics archive
http://www.ohhla.com/

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #16
Some strange interest in scripts today
I'll upload them again these days, I was waiting for new python grabber release but still waiting

Would really love to see a script for that hip-hop lyrics archive
http://www.ohhla.com/

Sorry q-stankovic, but I can't test hip-hop lyrics because I don't have that kind of music (same for reggae, funk/soul, latin etc)
If you have some other lyrics vendor I would try, and if you have some LRC provider than certainly

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #17
Sorry q-stankovic, but I can't test hip-hop lyrics because I don't have that kind of music (same for reggae, funk/soul, latin etc)

Do you need real files to be tagged with LYRICS or would it be enough to have a database.fpl file? In the latter case i could create one and send it to you.

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #18
hm... I don't know what you mean with database playlist, but for simplicity just select couple of your hip-hop albums and save playlist as M3U (if you have skipyrich's EXTM3U then better)

I'll do the script, but it will be somewhere this week and not in a day or two, because of some other things

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #19
Also maybe isn't so good idea making lyrics grabber for this site:
1. they don't have search engine as I see
2. if the author isn't some f***ing "50 cent" or something like that, they redirect to FTP and there is not simple way to compare album/title name with their FTP folders - i.e. some random artist: "504 Boyz" has album "Lil' Romeo, Magic" and the folder name is "rm_bside" and then title "Tight Whips" with filename "t_whips.504.txt"

So sorry again, if there isn't search engine I won't bother

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #20
I'll do the script, but it will be somewhere this week and not in a day or two, because of some other things

I never expected that you write the script so fast!

Also maybe isn't so good idea making lyrics grabber for this site ...

That's a pity! Thanks for considering.

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #21
Here are updated AMG scripts:

[attachment=5438:AMG.rar]
- AMG_Genre.py
- AMG_Mood.py
- AMG_Review.py
- AMG_Style.py
- AMG_Theme.py

All AMG releases should return %genre% at least, then %style%, %amg_review%, %mood%, %theme% - in this line of importance
%artist% tag should be as they are on AMG - i.e. MusicBrainz tags artist as "Gabrielle Roth and the Mirrors", but maybe AMG tags tham as "Gabrielle Roth & the Mirrors" so there will be no results. But this are special cases perhaps

I'll soon update other missing scripts too

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #22
Updated AMG review script:

[attachment=5448:AMG_Review.rar]
- changed %artist% to %album artist%
- now stops on first (most probable) release match, and not on last as it was (I forgot to add break in a loop )
- releases with large review now get full review (was "Read more...")

I guess this is final update. Report for problems or suggestions are welcomed

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #23
Hey 2E7AH,

Any chance you could make a script for http://www.uta-net.com/ ? It's a fantastic lyrics site for Japanese songs.
The best way to run searches is probably by song name, and the word in japanese word for that is: 曲名
Also this word means artist: 歌手名
An example of a search you can do using a artist name and song names in english letters would be:
Artist: Mr.Children
Song: Gift

I've noticed however that if you run a search for a song that's written with Japanese characters, the keyword in the search gets converted into hex (or something similar). An example would be if you search for this: 大阪で生まれた女 (Song name)

Huge thanks in advance!

Python Grabber scripts

Reply #24
 Aren't you from Canada?

It looks easy to find the lyrics response, but the lyrics are presented in Flash, so impossible with python grabber. Sorry