Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Crossfader DSPs choppy on radio stream start (Read 1750 times) previous topic - next topic

Crossfader DSPs choppy on radio stream start

I tried both of these superb crossfader plugins, and both are great but my favourite is Continuator because you can set a threshold dB drop at the end.
The problem is when starting an online radio stream the sound is "choppy" until the DSP buffer size fills (~10000ms). Both of the plugins has an option to automatically trigger on a script to disable crossfader. They got disabled but the 10000ms buffer is still kept that needs to be filled, and the sound is still choppy.
I use only a crossfader in the DSP chain.

for foo_dsp_crossfader I use this trigger script:
Code: [Select]
$if($strcmp(%gc_playback_order%,Random),$gc(fading:enable,1),$gc(fading:enable,0))

P.S.: I don't have problems with the bandwidth, without crossfader in DSP chain everything works fine, even the new experimental OGG-FLAC stream of Absolute Radio

Any solution?? Are these plugins outdated??Needd to be recompiled with latest SDK???

Once again: foo_dsp_continuator, foo_dsp_crossfader
LAME 3.100.1 -V0

Crossfader DSPs choppy on radio stream start

Reply #1
Problem solved!! It was a config problem in foo_dsp_continuator (I used to upgrade foobar2000 without reconfig).
Deleting foo_dsp_continuator.cfg solved the problem.
Now foobar is the perfect player for my needs.

Problem still persists with ogg streams (Absolute Radio)
LAME 3.100.1 -V0