Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Active setup help and recommendations (Read 17838 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Active setup help and recommendations

Reply #75

On your measurements, the NF is high...
So, you are trying to find a tonal equilibrium on a very, very difracted soundfield, why not, but it is a llittle naive to expect anyting good concerning the imaging.

I was thinking about noise floor. Is it possible that it comes from the cd player/DAC output (this is what I use wirh REW)?

CDP : 2,3Vrms
Amp input : 150mV

I never have to get the dial up to have it loud, maybe the voltage is just too high for my vintage amplifier?

Reply #76
I was thinking about noise floor. Is it possible that it comes from the cd player/DAC output
Probably not.   There is some noise from the analog-side of the DAC but it's usually very-low level.    And, any noise before the (analog) volume control gets attenuated along with the signal so the signal-to-noise ratio is not affected.    If you are attenuating digitally you're making the signal-to-noise ratio worse.

There could be noise coming from the preamp (if you're using one), otherwise most of the noise is probably coming from the power amp.   There's always some noise generated in the active-analog electronics.     But, you said you're not hearing noise.

Reply #77
But, you said you're not hearing noise.

Yes and it's still the case.

I'm just looking at at input/output voltage ans it comes to my mind. I'll test to see if I get the same results if I measure with 512k instead if 1 m