Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Newbie: Can't figure out how to get Exact Audio Copy to "lump" tracks togther (Read 2291 times) previous topic - next topic

Newbie: Can't figure out how to get Exact Audio Copy to "lump" tracks togther

I decided to move my CD collection to online storage and just discovered about lossless and FLAC.  A number of sites recommended using Exact Audio Copy.

I've downloaded the program and ripped my first CD.  It just so happened I started with Christmas music and when I started ripping the second CD it told me I had a song with the same name (different album and artist but since I started with Christmas music, a lot of the same songs on each CD) and I got a prompt to skip or write over.  I selected write over and when done, I found out that I am ripping CDs in such a way that it on my computer all the tracks are going into one folder and are not being saved as separate CDs.

I haven't been able to figure out what I missed or am doing wrong.

I really am new at this and don't want to become an EAC expert.  I don't know if I jumped into something beyond a newbie's abilities or if this is an easy fix.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks