Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Id3 Tags added with LAME options not being written (Read 2102 times) previous topic - next topic

Id3 Tags added with LAME options not being written

I'm frustrated because I can't get the convert function in Foobar2000 v0.9.3.1 to do what I want it to do.

I have created a custom encoding preset that invokes lame 3.97b3 and specifies tagging options like -ta -tl -tc.  But the files written by foobar don't have the tags i expect.  It seems like Foobar removes the tags that LAME created in the file (via the options I specified) and adds new v2.4 tags derived from the tags that were in the original FLAC file that I am converting from.

Is this indeed what Foobar is doing?  Is there any way to get it to stop?  I want to have some control over the tags that are written to the converted file.  In particular, I want to change the "comment" tag from what was in the original file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Larry

Reply #1
Yes, foobar tags the file after the encoding. That's a nice feature! (Or maybe not.. it could be disabled in earlier versions)
A possible solution is not to use Mp3 as extension but something unkown to foobar.

Reply #2
Yes, foobar tags the file after the encoding. That's a nice feature! (Or maybe not.. it could be disabled in earlier versions)
A possible solution is not to use Mp3 as extension but something unkown to foobar.

Thanks for the lightning fast response!  You are suggesting that I specify something other than mp3 under "encoding options" and then rename all the files after foobar is finsihed with the batch conversion?  Ugly, but a step in the right direction if it works.

Thanks,

Larry