Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1370580 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #2200
I am just updated to the newest version with the new tag mapping dialogue.

I was looking for support for my standard function for assigning album artists.

If album artist (%<RELEASE_ARTISTS_NAME>%) matches artist (%<ARTISTS_NAME>%) then leave album artist empty, but only if true for the entire release.

In other words:  I just want to have an empty album artist in case it matches the artist for the entire release.

Is this doable?

Thanks.

It should be! But I'm not sure if there's a function that will do that directly. You might have to check if $join(%<RELEASE_ARTISTS_NAME>%) is equal to $join(%<ARTISTS_NAME%>).

I'm game for adding new functions if there's something that can't be done or could be done better. Maybe something like $multiequal() that compares 2 arrays for equality would be good in this case.

Reply #2201
I just want to have an empty album artist in case it matches the artist for the entire release. Is this doable?
It should be! But I'm not sure if there's a function that will do that directly. You might have to check if $join(%<RELEASE_ARTISTS_NAME>%) is equal to $join(%<ARTISTS_NAME%>).
I'm game for adding new functions if there's something that can't be done or could be done better. Maybe something like $multiequal() that compares 2 arrays for equality would be good in this case.
+1
I would really love to see something like that! redundant information should be compressed into a single tag :-)

I also added a $unique to <RELEASE_LABELS_NAME> (DISCOGS_LABEL-tag) because via the default mapping, the same Labelname will occur more often in a single tag.

Reply #2202
I have been using this component for years now and I am in total gratitude. Thanks very much for all your work, all the developers throughout the years. This new version seems great, but I'm a simple user and can't wrap my head around the new tag mapping at all. Can somebody help me with my first issue: I set up the old one to put the remixer track credit into a tag caller REMIXER. I tried doing that with the new one. I can't figure it out. I tried mapping DISCOGS_CREDIT_REMIXED_BY to %REMIXER%, %<REMIXER>%, and %<<REMIXER>>% but all of them leave a question mark in the tag preview section.

Any suggestions how to accomplish what I want? Thanks.

Micah

Reply #2203
I tried doing that with the new one. I can't figure it out. I tried mapping DISCOGS_CREDIT_REMIXED_BY to %REMIXER%, %<REMIXER>%, and %<<REMIXER>>% but all of them leave a question mark in the tag preview section.
Hi,
I'm not syntax/formatting genius either, but have a look at the 'Edit Tag Mappings' window, that states the syntax for fields coming from discogs API. There's one obvious:
DISCOGS_CREDIT_REMIXED_BY (so make/change a Tag Name to your preferred 'REMIXER' name, and retrieve this database field from discogs:
%DISCOGS_CREDIT_REMIXED_BY%
if it is filled out on discogs, that will give you the remixer name and push it to a field/tag-name of your choosing...).
But, there's the added difficulty that (due to the ever changing nature of discogs conventions, and 1000s of people submitting stuff differently) that you get very different representations of Credits/Remixer name integrations on a per release basis...
fuffi explains the issue very well on the previous page -> https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,50523.msg923125.html#msg923125

Thanks @ fuffi again for the detailed explanation & help!!!
c.

Reply #2204
I also added a $unique to <RELEASE_LABELS_NAME> (DISCOGS_LABEL-tag) because via the default mapping, the same Labelname will occur more often in a single tag.
I will add that to the default.

I have been using this component for years now and I am in total gratitude. Thanks very much for all your work, all the developers throughout the years. This new version seems great, but I'm a simple user and can't wrap my head around the new tag mapping at all. Can somebody help me with my first issue: I set up the old one to put the remixer track credit into a tag caller REMIXER. I tried doing that with the new one. I can't figure it out. I tried mapping DISCOGS_CREDIT_REMIXED_BY to %REMIXER%, %<REMIXER>%, and %<<REMIXER>>% but all of them leave a question mark in the tag preview section.

Any suggestions how to accomplish what I want? Thanks.

Micah
There is a default tag name "REMIXED_BY". If you simply change the name of the tag to "REMIXER" (and make sure it's enabled for writing), does that accomplish what you want?

Reply #2205
There is a default tag name "REMIXED_BY". If you simply change the name of the tag to "REMIXER" (and make sure it's enabled for writing), does that accomplish what you want?

That works! I didn't know I could edit the first field in the tag mapping window: I thought it was only the complex string part. Thank you.

Micah

Reply #2206
Hi,

Two issues here for the foo_discogs v2.03 plugin:

First, as my network access mode changed, I just found that foo_discogs v2.03 didn't take account of foobar's network configuration, ignoring my proxy server specification.

The second one is more a feature request: On the "Find Release" Window, the "Release Id /Url" field isn't able to handle Discogs own link markup "[rXXXXXX]".

Thanks to take these in account for next release!

DISCOGS_FORMAT with last comma and space problem

Reply #2207
Hi,
on this release, I see the DISCOGS_FORMAT Tag like this:
4 x CD, Compilation; 1 x Box Set,
(unnecessary comma *and* space at the end).

with the old component, the tag was (as expected)
4 x CD, Compilation; Box Set

IMHO, its ok to have the 1 x Box Set and not only Box Set,

but I'd think, the last comma and space need to be lost. but I did not manage to do this.

anyone can help?

I have this (default) formatting string in the tag-mappings:
Code: [Select]
$zip(%<RELEASE_FORMATS_QUANTITY>%,' x ',%<RELEASE_FORMATS_NAME>%,', ',$join(%<<RELEASE_FORMATS_DESCRIPTIONS>>%))

[] parse hidden tracks: indicator missing

Reply #2208
Hi zoomorph,
release

can you add an indicator (ie. a star * or an other visual flag/mark,  or maybe just show the tracknames italic?) so users can see if a track is normally hidden?

and while parse hidden tracks as regular tracks is deactivated, the tracklisting looks this way:

while parse hidden tracks as regular tracks is activated, the tracklisting looks this way:

for me, I cannot always guess or easily see, which tracks I manually need to remove for a matching and so it would be a great visual improvement, when I could have a flag like in this screenshot:

just to have a simple focus for the hidden tracks.

is this possible in any way?

(Of course, a button to combine the hidden tracks to a single one would be the greatest thing, but I don't dare to ask for such thing, because I think, this would be very complicated to realise.)

Reply #2209
(FATAL) Error: JSON Parser Exception'[' or '{' expected near ''
╥﹏╥...

Reply #2211
Permanent error on any parsing.

(FATAL) Error: Error loading release 383671: JSON Parser Exception'[' or '{' expected near ''

Reply #2212
Given it's happening to multiple people, it must be a server glitch at discogs' end. Check their status/forums/support for details and I'm sure it will come back soon without the need for zoomorph to do anything.

Reply #2213
Given it's happening to multiple people, it must be a server glitch at discogs' end. Check their status/forums/support for details and I'm sure it will come back soon without the need for zoomorph to do anything.

Don't think so. Mobile apps still work, and the curl example on the Discogs site works.
I'm not sure what's going on exactly, but I don't think it's just Discogs.

Reply #2214
Fixed in 2.04. Discogs started gzipping that response and I had disabled gzip support.

I added a header to explicitly reject gzip and it appears to honor that. Although perhaps gzip should be enabled to save space....

Reply #2215
Legendary support as ever, thanks @zoomorph!

Reply #2216
Fixed in 2.04. Discogs started gzipping that response and I had disabled gzip support.

I added a header to explicitly reject gzip and it appears to honor that. Although perhaps gzip should be enabled to save space....

You could link the standard zlib1.dll, which is included with foobar2000 for many versions now.

Reply #2218
I'm getting this error for the past two days. Already tried to reinstall and clear preferences, but no avail:

(FATAL) Error: JSON Parser Exception'[' or '{' expected near ''

[ESCAPE to close]

What could be?

Reply #2220
@zoomorph,
Just updated to 2.0.4 and my Tag Mappings zeroed. I change back settings and want to save as preset (via Export→ Save to file), but get an error:
(skipped) Error: Error exporting tags: Object not found
[ESCAPE to close]
What file should I choose and what's its extension? Cause in exporting window there is no file extension.
Thanks in advance!  :) 

Reply #2221
The funny thing. Since the last update, when I click on Authorize button at OAuth Identity tab, I'm not redirected to the page with the token anymore. For some reason local IE cache is opened AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/78Z8FDLZ/authorize[1] in the browser (FF in my case).

it looks like I'm the only one who running into this issue. which is strange, since I can reproduce it on the other machine as well...

same problem. can anybody provide a solution?

Reply #2222

You could link the standard zlib1.dll, which is included with foobar2000 for many versions now.
Ah, thanks for the suggestion. Next version will dynamically link this.

Reply #2223
@zoomorph,
Just updated to 2.0.4 and my Tag Mappings zeroed. I change back settings and want to save as preset (via Export→ Save to file), but get an error:
(skipped) Error: Error exporting tags: Object not found
[ESCAPE to close]
What file should I choose and what's its extension? Cause in exporting window there is no file extension.
Thanks in advance!  :) 
Unless you're updating from a really old version (1.x), tag mappings should not be zeroed.

The extension you name your file is up to you.

Reply #2224

More question: How do I set

tag mappings to set DISCNUMBER, TOTALDISCS to %TRACK_DISC_NUMBER%, %RELEASE_TOTAL_DISCS% only if RELEASE_TOTAL_DISCS >= 2, otherwise delete DISCNUMBER, TOTALDISCS

Both are possible by editing the formatting strings. Check the syntax help file, and the regular foobar2000 titleformatting help file.
[/quote]

Could someone give me a hint for the string for the above?
Can't figure it out I'm afraid ... would be very grateful! =)