Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LyricsDB discussion (Read 413420 times) previous topic - next topic

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #300

The FAQ says that one can edit lyrics via the web interface..how do i do that?

I've just submitted some lyrics, but i realized that i submitted the wrong lyrics for the wrong songs....

login first. And then use "my lyrics" link, for example.

I did that..but how do I edit?
All I get is a overview of my posted lyrics :

And if i select a song there is also no way to edit it:

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #301
Select a song and you should see the edit / remove links at the bottom: if not, you probably don't have enough privileges, ask dug.

HTH.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #302
I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but is there an alternate database we could use? I'm finding alot of erroneous lyrics for my songs.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #303
Unicode search still doesn't work, moreover it "crashes" the searching process

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #304
I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but is there an alternate database we could use? I'm finding alot of erroneous lyrics for my songs.

So go ahead and correct them. Support this project. I do it every day.

If you can't edit lyrics, pm dug and ask him for the priviliges

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #305

So go ahead and correct them. Support this project. I do it every day.

If you can't edit lyrics, pm dug and ask him for the priviliges

Agree, thats what i do for a longer time, it is pleasure

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #306
Yeah, It can work smoothly!
Thank you~

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #307
Since foobar 9.4 i'm having problems submitting lyrics..  sometimes the dialog freezes.. anyone else? Using the latest version of the plugin.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #308
Me too... And when I try to get lyrics and to add it to mp3... It applies but dialog freezes and I cannot control foobar...

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #309
Me too... And when I try to get lyrics and to add it to mp3... It applies but dialog freezes and I cannot control foobar...

And that's correct for the 9.4? Strange, but I'l check what I can do.
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #310
Great plugin!

Is there a way to get it to work with streaming files (i.e. with the XM Radio plugin?)

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #311

And that's correct for the 9.4? Strange, but I'l check what I can do.

it just works for me, anyone else has this problem?

Is there a way to get it to work with streaming files (i.e. with the XM Radio plugin?)

I wonder why it doesn't work just as is. I think it's more about the radio support realisation: all the metadata is empty, but in the playlist there's a track name...

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #312
Love this plug!

why don't make download automatically the lyrics maybe during the playback? it could be a great idea

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #313
Is it possible to have the popup window where the lyrics come in as a tab inside column ui, at the moment ive tried doing a Track info mod that only displays %lyrics% (which isnt allways good if the lyrics are to long... no scrolling :l), but i still manually have to get lyrics and press ok and so on..

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #314
…but i still manually have to get lyrics and press ok and so on..

Yes, you have to get lyrics manually  Use a hotkey for that. May be it's really a good idea to get lyrics while playing... Okay, added it to the todo list . But you don't  have to press ok, or even get the preview window, check the settings. You have to uncheck the "show every lyrics before applying" chekbox.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #315
Hey, since this database is run by the makers of the plugin... I suppose this is the best place to post this...

But if there is going to be a public database like this, there's going to have to be some rules, or at least regulations...

For example, foreign language lyrics become a bit of an issue...
Anyone who has worked with Japanese music knows that often lyrics are listed in Romanized Characters (i.e. just the pronounciations, put into English). But I often enjoy seeing the original Japanese characters, as they often give more of the meaning to the song and such...

So which one should go in? Should we do both? That sounds weird.

On some songs it isn't a problem... because the romanized version will have the title in romanized characters, and the Japanese text version can have the Japanese text title... but a number of times the actual song titles are written in romanized characters... so there would be a conflict.

I recently uploaded full lyrics for a song using Japanese characters (for song title and lyrics) to test out the capability of Japanese text support... And it all worked fine. I suppose it's UTF-8.

Anyway... Is this going to reserved to an "English only/English readable only" database? Or can we find some way to include the others?

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more it sounds like I should just keep my Japanese lyrics to myself. Opinions?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #316
What happened to the database? The site seems to be down and no lyrics are available.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #318
Same problem here. I can access the site, but it seem to contain very few lyrics. Hope dug has an archived version somewhere and will restore it soon.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #319
Same problem here. I can access the site, but it seem to contain very few lyrics. Hope dug has an archived version somewhere and will restore it soon.

Yes it seems ther were no lyrics send but I thought maybe I hear to much unknown stuff?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #320
I have not tested it throughly, but seems to be normal here.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #323
Only 4 bands for 'A'
I think that's intended: dug put a limit on the results for performance reasons. Try a artist search (for example "AME") to see what I mean.

Alessandro

PS: yeah, I agree that the letters links are of little use at the moment.