Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: mslive Problem with Win XP sp3 Wmp11 (Read 2702 times) previous topic - next topic

mslive Problem with Win XP sp3 Wmp11

Hello everyone,

I switched today to win xp Sp3 and Windows Media Player 11. My Foobar configuration works fine so far, only thing that doesn't is the foo_input_mslive.dll component.

As soon as I try to open a link like:

http://players.creacast.com/creacast/klassik/playlist.asx

foobar freezes using close to 100% of the CPU. It's not even possible to kill the process by the process explorer, even though I can click "kill". Actually the only thing that gets me out, is the reset button on the case.

Not sure if mslive uses .Net but also have 1.1, 2 and 3.5 installed.

Can anyone help me?

mslive Problem with Win XP sp3 Wmp11

Reply #1
Sorry my fault, I also updated to the latest version of mslive and didn't realize that the requirements have changed.

Copied wmvcore.dll to the foobar folder and, taadaa, it works again.

Is there any page where is listed what this particular component needs? I only read about this file in the forum.

Anyway, nice Sunday afternoon to everyone