Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: wavpack support in 7zip (3rd party plugin) (Read 4537 times) previous topic - next topic

wavpack support in 7zip (3rd party plugin)

I normally use the wavpack frontend gui but only just came across this not sure if its already known about, but may help others..
http://www.tc4shell.com/en/7zip/wavpack7z/

seems to work pretty well, simply extract the required 64/32 bit version into a subfolder called codecs
e.g C:\Program Files\7-Zip\Codecs

then select audio files & archive
in the additional parameters field enter
yx=0 0=WavPack2 1=lzma:d20 b0s1:1

would be nice if 7zip jist automatically did this kind of like winzip does with the zipx format, but still this plugin seems to work well enough (but you can only include audio files)

Re: wavpack support in 7zip (3rd party plugin)

Reply #1
would be nice if 7zip jist automatically did this kind of like winzip does with the zipx format

(I am the developer of this plugin) You can also try Smart7z plugin - it allows you to select compression method automatically.

Reply #2
would be nice if 7zip jist automatically did this kind of like winzip does with the zipx format[/quote
would be nice if 7zip jist automatically did this kind of like winzip does with the zipx format

(I am the developer of this plugin) You can also try Smart7z plugin - it allows you to select compression method automatically.

Hey thanks!! That works perfectly!

Reply #3
I have been meaning to mention this plugin, both here and on my website, but I hardly ever run Windows and haven't had a chance to fully try it out.

Anyway, thanks for trying it out and letting us know about it, and thanks to Aniskin for creating this great plugin (and I'm sorry I haven't given you feedback earlier)!