Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

Why did you join the Hydrogenaudio forums?

To get an answer to a question
[ 82 ] (53.6%)
To help other people in a domain you consider yourself good in
[ 24 ] (15.7%)
To spread the news about a/my piece of software
[ 4 ] (2.6%)
Other (please elaborate in post)
[ 43 ] (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 174

Topic: What are your HA use statistics? (Read 12757 times) previous topic - next topic

What are your HA use statistics?

Reply #25
Well, I voted "other" - I just had a look around and liked the level of discussion, and wanted to join... but I wasn't considering myself "good in this domain". And then yes, I've been much of an addict for quite some time.

Especially in the days before an exam (!), I'd spend way too much time here. It has changed now, and I don't come around too often anymore. So the other answers were "Definitively", and "a few minutes" - even though that doesn't seem to go well together

Reply #26
I joined because I was looking for information on Ogg Vorbis after installing Linux. I had no idea how to rip to the codec in Windows.
Acid8000 aka. PhilDEE

Reply #27
Heh, this was a good one: "More than 168 hours" a week
    (24*7=168) 

Seriously though, I am very curious to see the actual stats of my own HA usage, and how it compares to what I think it is.

Reply #28
Heh, this was a good one: "More than 168 hours" a week
    (24*7=168) 

Seriously though, I am very curious to see the actual stats of my own HA usage, and how it compares to what I think it is.

I think you're the first to make the calculation.. or at least to mention it  -- What I said previously, though, is true : once a year, you set back the time, and have a 25-hour day.  As such, you can get UP TO 169 hours a week of hydrogenaudio goodness ;-)

On a sidenote, to make the bridge with the poll, maybe Garf or Dibrom have statistical data about user usage?  If they could share it, that'd be great!

Reply #29
Similar to ff123 and Gabriel:
mp3.com('98,'99) -> vqf.com('99) -> remix.net('00?,'01) -> ha.org('01, until now)

It was at mp3.com I heard about 8hz mp3 encoder which evolved into LAME. Summer '99 after reading the LAME sources and submitting bug reports and fixes, I got more and more involved into LAME development.

Reply #30
Well, I voted "other" - I just had a look around and liked the level of discussion, and wanted to join... but I wasn't considering myself "good in this domain". And then yes, I've been much of an addict for quite some time.
^^ same as that really. 
Lurked for about 6 months, gained some useful knowledge that I thought I could help others in, and I've also asked a few questions over time too.

Best digital audio source on the web: why wouldn't I wanna be part of the community

Reply #31
roel's forum (r3mix.net) --> dibrom's forum (HA.org) 

Reply #33
Similar to ff123 and Gabriel:
mp3.com('98,'99) -> vqf.com('99) -> remix.net('00?,'01) -> ha.org('01, until now)

It was at mp3.com I heard about 8hz mp3 encoder which evolved into LAME. Summer '99 after reading the LAME sources and submitting bug reports and fixes, I got more and more involved into LAME development.

Damn, you are member number five! You must have joined the first day!

Does anyone have an old snapshot of what Project Mayhem and early HA looked like? I kinda remember PM, orange and blue and grey? But I don't remember early HA.
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Reply #35
Does anyone have an old snapshot of what Project Mayhem and early HA looked like? I kinda remember PM, orange and blue and grey? But I don't remember early HA.

archive.org is your friend 
Links on that page do not work anymore of course..
An overview of all archived pages.

Reply #36
Holy mother of God!

It almost brought tears to my eyes.

I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Reply #37
I also came here from R3mix forum, many years ago 

Reply #38
Another former r3mixer here. And I got there like many people -- interested in finding out why some mp3s sound terrible and some were indistinguishable from cd. At that time Napster was in full effect, and before I ventured to ripping my own collection I had to find some quality methods.

I selected "to get an answer to a question," "not really/it was worth it," "3-10 hours." I remember the day I realized I was addicted (and maybe wasting a little time) was when I began to browse beyond the active topics and into the offtopic forum, the music discussion, recycle bin.... but it was worth it because sometimes the offtopic forum has some really good nonaudio info in there.

Thanks to all the mods and helpful users of hydrogenaudio

edit: PS I think my first LAME was 3.88, and I thought that was transparent