Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mass-copying File Sizes : how ? (Read 958 times) previous topic - next topic

Mass-copying File Sizes : how ?

Hi everybody,

Let's say I have 860 files, path sorted. Each file has its own file size that can be accessed by Properties > Right Tab > File Size.
Let's say I have ANOTHER 860 files, different (nothing to do with the first ones), also path sorted.

I need to copy all the individual file sizes from the first 860 files to the second 860 files, inside a custom tag field (%filesize_manual%).
So I thought I would just select all the first 860 files, then go to Properties > Right Tab > File Size, then "copy" the multiple values of that field, then go to the second 860 files, then "paste" into the custom tag field.
But foobar is too smart ! When I go to File Size for all the first 860 files, foobar only displays the Total Size, not the individual sizes anymore ! Damn it !!  :D

So, how could I do, to avoid having to do it individually 860 times ?  :P
Thanks.

Re: Mass-copying File Sizes : how ?

Reply #1
Add a custom tag field containing the file size to the first set of files. Copy it normally. Do Paste fields on the second set. Erase the temporary field.

You can use Automatically Fill Values for this.

Source: Other, %_filesize% or %filesize_natural%
Pattern: %filesize_manual%

Reply #2
Oops, I forgot to mention that I can't do that. The first set of files are video files, accounting for 2 TB or so. I can read their tags with foobar, no problem, but if I modify them, that means I will have to write/backup them all again (so, 2 TB or so).

I would use the M-TAGS component, but it doesn't allow to get the actual size of the video files (see my question here : https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,97164.new.html#new ).

To sum it up, I can read the tags of the first set of files, but I can't modify them. I can only read and modify the tags of the second set of files.

Reply #3
Use foo_texttools to copy %filesize% or %filesize_natural% from old files. Then use "Properties" on new files ->Tools->Automatically fill values: Source: Clipboard: line per track, Pattern %filesize_manual%

Reply #4
It worked in a breeze ! That was awesome ! Thank you @Rollin for a neat solution ! Thumbs up !