Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: REACT 2 Released (Read 1276296 times) previous topic - next topic

REACT 2 Released

Reply #400
You can do as you wish, but you would probably need my mod, and a reasonable amount of config editing.

I have created a mod of REACT that allows you to easily insert and update tokens (e.g.: @discnumber@).

I have published amendments to the config to amend the path to utilise @discnumber@ or @discname@ tokens.  Unfortunately the wiki appears to be down at the moment so I can't provide a link.

I found the wiki, thanks.

My mod would allow you to easily set @discnumber@, @albumartist@ and @mixedby@ tokens (and @totaldiscs@ if you want).  However, the bit that takes the time is amending the config to utilise these tokens.  As I say, I've published code for adding the disc number to the path.  Setting a "Mixed By" tag shouldn't be too complicated.  I think you'd just need some code that checked whether a value was set for @albumartist@, and set the tag accordingly.

In essence, yes it is possible, with a little work.

NB: You could do it without my mod, by directly adding values to the REACT INI, but the idea with the mod is that you can easily adjust values using a GUI, from within EAC.  It depends how often you intend to use this approach.

Are you planning to add this kind of functionality to coming releases of REACT? I am not good at coding and it takes me alot of trial and error to even get simple things working! I would be extremely interested in these kind of freatures being built in as I am quite particular that my music is tagged correctly (I suspect I am not alone here ).

I will have a proper read of the wiki and have a go at implementing the changes you were talking about and will let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the help and great work on REACT!
FLAC + Foobar2000 // AAC + iPhone

REACT 2 Released

Reply #401
I would be extremely interested in these kind of freatures being built in as I am quite particular that my music is tagged correctly (I suspect I am not alone here ).

There you go Neil, the interest is building!

REACT 2 Released

Reply #402
Are you planning to add this kind of functionality to coming releases of REACT?
Pleas note that Tycho is the author of REACT.  I have created a mod which enables you to set additional meta data easily, but the core functionality is his.

There is no need to update REACT for your requiements.  With my mod and some config editing you can do it.  Editing the config is the way in which users are supposed to tweak REACT to do exactly what they want.

Good luck.

There you go Neil, the interest is building!
"Build it, and they will come"
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #403
There is no need to update REACT for your requiements.  With my mod and some config editing you can do it.  Editing the config is the way in which users are supposed to tweak REACT to do exactly what they want.

This is true.  Everyone wants to do something different with their configs and this is the beauty of the flexibility of REACT.  However I think the extended tagging mod opens up what people could do with their configs a lot and there is an argument for having it there when you install React.  I think of it as making up for the limitations of EAC rather than changing React (like you say you can do it through the ini).  I thought Tycho was onboard?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #404
I have just uploaded version 2.0.ssb10 of my mod.
  • Prefixing a token name with an underscore will stop it from being added to any cuesheets.  Useful for excluding temporary tokens, which are not really disc meta data.
  • Fixes REACT issue with "%" in any field (see post #384).
  • Fixes REACT issue with "&" in the track name when using REACT-track.cfg  (see post #386).  You must replace the lines*:

Code: [Select]
    IF @various@==0 SET TrackName=@TrackName_SA@
    IF @various@==1 SET TrackName=@TrackName_VA@

with:

SET TrackName=@trackname@
Remember to set Version=2.0.ssb10 in your INI.

* You could actually just remove those lines altogether, and replace any occurence of %TrackName% with @trackname@ in your config - but the suggestion above means less editing, and therefore less chance of error.
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #405
I really need to try this.  However if the weather is good this weekend I might get 'reassigned'

In advance I have a couple of questions:
Does the 'trackname' replacement in the post above still handle various artist albums OK? 
[/list]Remember to set Version=2.0.ssb10 in your INI.

Please, remind me, what does this achieve?

The wiki is up for me (I couldn't access it earlier in the week), and I just wanted to thank you for all of the great work.  I am going to tweak and consider adding some of the things I have been working on.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #406
Does the 'trackname' replacement in the post above still handle various artist albums OK?
Yes.

Please, remind me, what does this achieve?
The default behaviour of REACT is to rewrite the INI if the version number in the INI does not match that of the EXE.  If you don't want to lose all those nice changes you've made in your INI you should either back it up before running a new EXE or, if it is a beta update, just change the version in the INI to that of the EXE.

REACT obviously does this to ensure that the INI is in keeping with the EXE, but maybe it should only do it on major (2.0.ssb10) or minor changes (2.0.ssb10), and not build (2.0.ssb10).
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #407
IF @various@==0 SET TrackName=@TrackName_SA@
IF @various@==1 SET TrackName=@TrackName_VA@
with:
SET TrackName=@trackname@

I am still confused about this, and the changes are different to what we had in post 386/7.  If you drop the 'if' statements then how does this handle a different various artists naming scheme?
Sorry if I am being dumb (and remember I am away from my React setup at the mo)

REACT 2 Released

Reply #408
The decision making is done within REACT.

Previous Setup
  • REACT reads TrackName_SA and TrackName_VA from the INI.
  • REACT replaces the tokens @TrackName_SA@ and @TrackName_VA@ in the CFG with the values in the INI, which contain further REACT tokens ($track$ - $title$).
  • REACT continues to replace tokens with values, eventually replacing the tokens used in TrackName_SA and TrackName_VA with their values.
  • CFG sets %TrackName% depending on the token @various@
My Setup
  • REACT reads TrackName_SA and TrackName_VA from the INI.
  • REACT decides whether to use TrackName_SA or TrackName_VA.
  • REACT replaces tokens in the chosen variable with their values
  • REACT replaces "^" with "^^" and "&" with "^&".
  • REACT replaces the token @trackname@ in the CFG with the new value.
  • CFG sets %TrackName% to the value of @trackname@.
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #409
I think I get it.  I thought you were handling the & problem through the config (you were in post 386/7 right?).  It would seem however that you have rewritten React to correct the problem.  Right? (edit found it in post 391, sorry I should be paying attention)  I do like to understand what is going on.
Cheers again.  Have a great weekend

REACT 2 Released

Reply #410
I think I get it.  I thought you were handling the & problem through the config (you were in post 386/7 right?).  It would seem however that you have rewritten React to correct the problem.  Right?
Cheers again.  Have a great weekend
Correct on all parts.

You can still use the hack in the posts you quote, or (with beta 10 or above) change the lines to use @tracknumber@.  I just thought it would be neater, and possibly more robust, if REACT handled it.

Enjoy your weekend.
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #411
You can still use the hack in the posts you quote, or (with beta 10 or above) change the lines to use @tracknumber@.  I just thought it would be neater, and possibly more robust, if REACT handled it.

I agree.  I forgot you had suggested you could code it into React.

So I am convinced I need to run this mod (as part of my main ripping routine) but where do you stand if tycho releases 2.1?  You are the official support so do you think it likely that these changes would make it into this theoretical 2.1?  Or, is 2.1 unlikely?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #412
but where do you stand if tycho releases 2.1?  You are the official support so do you think it likely that these changes would make it into this theoretical 2.1?  Or, is 2.1 unlikely?
I have no idea whether Tycho will implement any of my changes with his upcoming release of REACT, we don't speak privately or anything.

Given that it seems only you and I are using my mod at the moment (I should really check the download stats for the zips I post) I am reticent to suggest that Tycho implements the Additional Meta Data dialogue in the core; but of course it is up to him.  I suppose there is no real downside, apart from the fact that the newer AutoIt bin used to compile my EXE appears to almost double the file size.  At 217KB that's hardly a real concern though.

I suppose it would be sensible for him to implement the "%" and "&" fixes, or something similar at least.  I can't remember if I've made any other "improvements"!  I really should have kept a change log - I guess if I trawled this thread I may be able to collate one.

If Tycho does not include the Additional Meta Data dialogue, and with his agreement, I will attempt to mod his new release.  It shouldn't be difficult, as most of the code is separated from his source.  Of course I will continue to support my mod as long as I can.
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #413
Well, that's good enough for me then.  I have learnt to expect your high level of dedication here, but I don't like to assume

REACT 2 Released

Reply #414
I am trying to use REACT to rip to mp3's and flac images. When I press F10 it gives me mp3's, a flac image and flac tracks. Anybody know what I need to do to remedy this so I get only the mp3's and a flac image? What am I doing wrong or what should my settings look like in my INI file? I thought that by pressing F10 the end result would be a flac image and mp3's...

Thanks for your help and I am very impressed by the level of help and knowledge on these forums.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #415
In your REACT.ini you will see the section UserTrackFormats.  This section detirmines what track formats are created.  Ensure you have set Flac=0, not Flac=1.

The image format is determined by the value of ImageExt under Settings.
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #416
In your REACT.ini you will see the section UserTrackFormats.  This section detirmines what track formats are created.  Ensure you have set Flac=0, not Flac=1.

The image format is determined by the value of ImageExt under Settings.

That was exactly it. It makes sense now. I am still trying to get my head around some of the stuff in the INI file. One other question. I have CreateAllCuesheets=1. After making the change you suggested I am given a flac image of the cd I ripped w/ only 1 cuesheet. Other posts I have read have said something about 4 different cuesheets being created. Is there only 1 style of cuesheet created when ripping to an image?

Thanks for your help and I am astounded by your knowledge on this subject.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #417
CreateAllCuesheets is really for track processing, not image processing.

If you have it checked you will (should) be creating the four (additional) cuesheets, but unless you make amends to your config, to do something with them, they will be deleted at the end of the processing run.

They really are no use to you if you are creating an image; you only need the cuesheet you have.

If you want more information on the INI settings it may be worth checking the REACT wiki article.

Edit: Actually, the wiki has just reminded me of a nuance with CreateAllCuesheets: it will only work if you have specified a "static" extraction directory, i.e.: have "Use this directory" checked on the "Directories" tab of the "EAC options".  If you have "Ask every time" checked it won't work IIRC.
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #418
CreateAllCuesheets is really for track processing, not image processing.

If you have it checked you will (should) be creating the four (additional) cuesheets, but unless you make amends to your config, to do something with them, they will be deleted at the end of the processing run.

They really are no use to you if you are creating an image; you only need the cuesheet you have.

If you want more information on the INI settings it may be worth checking the REACT wiki article.

Edit: Actually, the wiki has just reminded me of a nuance with CreateAllCuesheets: it will only work if you have specified a "static" extraction directory, i.e.: have "Use this directory" checked on the "Directories" tab of the "EAC options".  If you have "Ask every time" checked it won't work IIRC.

As I thought about the CreateAllCuesheets question I posted earlier I figured that the answer would end up being as you wrote.

I have gotten to know the INI file well in the short time I have been using REACT. Thanks again for all your help and sharing your knowledge. A subject such as this (i.e., music, ripping, etc.) can, to say the least, lead to people being very opinionated and passionate and to see people like yourself and the others who are patient and happy to help is very refreshing!

REACT 2 Released

Reply #419
I've just started playing with React 2 and I am now really confused.

It changes the settings of the Filename in the EAC Options and gets rid of all references to '\' and replaces them with '-'. This stops me creating the sub-directories under the headings 'CD Artist\CD Title' etc.

For example in EAC I use "%D\%C\%N - %T - %A" and "Various Artists\%C\%N - %T - %A". It changes them to "%D - %C - %N - %T" and "%D - %C - %N - %T (%A)" and then saves the files in the main folder as specified in the 'Directories' option without letting me create the sub-directories.

Can I get round this way of naming the converted music files so that it is the same as EAC used to be?

Also I've had a play with the Cover Art Downloader but it also puts the .jpg in the main folder (with the correct Album title though). Can I change the settings to put the jpg into the associated album sub-directories. I've tried adding all different combinations of '%' '$' and '&' followed by 'Artist' and 'Album' in the 'save as' box but to no avail. Can anyone help me on this

REACT 2 Released

Reply #420
It changes the settings of the Filename in the EAC Options and gets rid of all references to '\' and replaces them with '-'. This stops me creating the sub-directories under the headings 'CD Artist\CD Title' etc.

For example in EAC I use "%D\%C\%N - %T - %A" and "Various Artists\%C\%N - %T - %A". It changes them to "%D - %C - %N - %T" and "%D - %C - %N - %T (%A)" and then saves the files in the main folder as specified in the 'Directories' option without letting me create the sub-directories.

Can I get round this way of naming the converted music files so that it is the same as EAC used to be?
REACT does this so that it can use the filename to detirmine whether the album is Various Artist or not.  When using REACT, these values are irrelevant to how the tracks will finally be named.  To specify the file naming scheme for your images and/or tracks you need to look at the REACT.ini file, and amend the values in the "UserOutputNames" section.

As an example, using your preferred scheme, you may use the following:

[UserOutputNames]
OutRoot=C:\Path\To\My\Music
TrackDir_MP3=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$\$album$
TrackName_SA=$tracknumber$ - $title$ - $artist$
TrackName_VA=$tracknumber$ - $title$ - $artist$
TrackName_SA_acdir=$n - $~t - $~a
TrackName_VA_acdir=$n - $~t - $~a

This:
  • Sets a base folder (OutRoot) of "C:\Path\To\My\Music".
  • Specifies that MP3s should be stored in OutRoot filed under CD Artist and then Album - for VA albums, CD Artist will be set to the value of the "VA" value in the "Settings" section of the INI (at the top), which defaults to "Various Artists" - so you can just leave it alone.
  • Sets the track naming scheme as $tracknumber$ - $title$ - $artist$ for standard albums.
  • Sets the track naming scheme as $tracknumber$ - $title$ - $artist$ for VA albums.
Have a look at the default values to try to get an understanding of what is being done.  Note that the "TrackName_*A_acdir" variables are for use with ACDIR in the REACT-image.cfg, and match the "TrackName_*A" variables in format, but use ACDIR's own syntax.

Also I've had a play with the Cover Art Downloader but it also puts the .jpg in the main folder (with the correct Album title though). Can I change the settings to put the jpg into the associated album sub-directories. I've tried adding all different combinations of '%' '$' and '&' followed by 'Artist' and 'Album' in the 'save as' box but to no avail. Can anyone help me on this
I'm not overly familiar with this, as I don't use it; however, if it's no working as it should, it may be that you need to edit your CFG to deal with the file as you wish.  You shouldn't really need touch the GUI's Save As dialogue text - let REACT deal with it.

Edit: Just spotted, and deleted, your thread on this issue.  Easiest to keep discusion here, and no cross-posting please.
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #421
Thanks for your help 'Synthetic Soul'.

Just one quick question, can you configure the 'ImageExt' command line to allow both 'flac' and 'wv' images and cue sheets to be created.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #422
No.

However, you could amend the REACT-image.cfg to process both the FLAC and WavPack sections, and use something like SED to make a copy of the cuesheet, replacing ".flac" with ".wv".

It's all possible...

Do you really need two lossless versions?
I'm on a horse.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #423
No.

However, you could amend the REACT-image.cfg to process both the FLAC and WavPack sections, and use something like SED to make a copy of the cuesheet, replacing ".flac" with ".wv".

It's all possible...

Do you really need two lossless versions?

Probably not.

At the moment I am archiving all my CDs in Wavpack and after playing with React I've decided to archive the CDs as whole files instead of separate tracks. I chose wavepack over FLAC for some reason I cannot exactly remember now and as I am relatively new to ripping, archiving and Lossless formats, etc. I'm not too sure which format is the best with respect to compression ratio, speed and product support.

If I want to convert to flac at a later date I know I can do it in Foobar. Its just that I would have prefered to do everything all at once now instead of revisiting later.

Anyway thanks for your help previously. I've just spent half the night playing with the config file to get it doing pretty much what I want.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #424
My config is

ReplayGain=1
ApplyAlbumGain=0
AdjustAlbumGain_dB=0
AddCuesheetAG=0
UseWaveGainAG=0

I was wondering, is the ReplayGain calculated off of 89db (just for the tags)?

Also is there anyway to get metamp3.exe to work by itself?  I was trying to use it to write ReplayGain tags to files that didn't have them.  I tried using Foobar but foobar doesn't write tags that Winamp can read.

I tried using the windows console to go to the directory (album) that needed tags and tried to run metamp3 out of that just like REACT2 does (by running "C:\PROGRA~1\REACT2\tools\metamp3.exe --replay-gain *.mp3" out of the dir that needs tags) but it didn't quite work.  It wrote the replaygain tags but messed up the rest of the ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags.