Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Long Trance Albums (Read 5189 times) previous topic - next topic

Long Trance Albums

I have a few long trance mp3's, which are basically the entire album in a single mp3. 

Is it possible via freedb or something in foobar, to somehow get the individual songs and create a playlist for that album, all based off the single mp3?

I definately know this is possible, because for example, I have an mp3 which is the entire 80 minute, but it came with a .cue file which foobar recognises and plays without a problem, which breaks it down and displays it as tracks. 

Thanks

Long Trance Albums

Reply #1
If you have a cuesheet, then it is possible. If you don't have one, you could try to find one. I remember that there is a website with cuesheets somewhere, but I don't know the link.

Long Trance Albums

Reply #2
No I don't have the cue sheet.

So yes, basically I'm looking for the cue sheets for these albums I only have in a single .mp3

Long Trance Albums

Reply #3
If you have a cuesheet, then it is possible. If you don't have one, you could try to find one. I remember that there is a website with cuesheets somewhere, but I don't know the link.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I doubt this is the place, but Cuesheet Heaven ( [a href="http://www.regeert.nl/cuesheet/]http://www.regeert.nl/cuesheet/[/url] ) will create a cuesheet from any album in the freedb database.
I'm on a horse.

Long Trance Albums

Reply #4
No I don't have the cue sheet.

So yes, basically I'm looking for the cue sheets for these albums I only have in a single .mp3

Try this site.

Long Trance Albums

Reply #5
I thought cue sheets are only useful if you burn your songs to a cd?!
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

Long Trance Albums

Reply #6
I thought cue sheets are only useful if you burn your songs to a cd?!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253460"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Foobar has a really useful feature: if you have a CD image file (a music file that contains the whole album/disc), and an accompanying cuesheet, Foobar will place all tracks in the playlist (with proper naming if the cuesheet contains PERFORMER/TITLE info), so you can easily skip between them (if you are feeling camp).
I'm on a horse.

Long Trance Albums

Reply #7
for full albums, i use this mp3splt

Long Trance Albums

Reply #8
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253597"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Really, why bother? It destroys gapless playback last time I checked, and the .MP3/.CUE combination is good enough for just about everyone. Everyone else can wrap those two in a .MKA and have it even better. (Assuming the gapless playback issues with the Matroska reader are quasi-fixed)

Long Trance Albums

Reply #9
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253597"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is there something like this for losslessly cutting MPCs? What about AAC?

Long Trance Albums

Reply #10
1) mp3splt is not able to losslessly cut mp3s

2) no, there are no such programs for mpc files (no idea about aac though)
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.