Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tool to extract LPCM/WAV from VOB files (Read 5839 times) previous topic - next topic

Tool to extract LPCM/WAV from VOB files

Hi.

Anyone here knows any free good app to extract LPCM from a VOB file or DVD-Video?
I know there is DVD Audio Extractor, but it is not free.
Any quality similar applications for Linux?
If command line application please hint on the command to extract the audio.

Thanks.

Tool to extract LPCM/WAV from VOB files

Reply #1
Commercial DVDs are copy protected, and we don't discuss how to crack the encryption here.  There are sites that discuss this stuff, and I know of one "illegal" free program that can decrypt the DVD and separate (demultiplex) the audio at the same time.

I'm a Windows user, and I typically use Corel Video Studio ($100 USD) to make an audio file from an unencrypted DVD.

Assuming a non-encrypted disc...
VOB2MPG[/color] (FREE) can convert your VOB files to a single MPEG-2 file.

Then, you should be able to open the file with Audacity[/u] (FREE), and save the audio.

Or, SUPER[/color] (FREE) can extract/convert the audio from an A/V file. 

Another program (which I haven't tried) is AoA Audio Extractor.  (I think you'll need a single MPEG-2 file for this one.

There are instructions on the VideoReDo site for how to combine VOB files into one VOB/MPEG-2 file with DOS.  I assume the procedure is very similar in Linux.  Then, you simply have to open/extract the audio.