Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Editing library in foobar? (Read 2064 times) previous topic - next topic

Editing library in foobar?

In iTunes, if you want to edit your library, you click on the Library section and you can then remove duplicate library entries or remove files from your library's database.

I know foobar has a library database of some kind, but all of my playlists are autoplaylists and I can't seem to figure out how to see a list of files in my library, so that I can remove any that I don't want. I have a bunch of duplicate library entries that I want to get rid of, but I just can't figure out how to do it.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Reply #1
The Album List panel is really handy in these cases.

1. To remove dead entries:
Right click anywhere in the panel and select "remove dead entries (slow)"

2. To remove an entry manually:
Right click the entry and 'remove from database'

I don't know about removing duplicates from library though.

Reply #2
This is really in my opinion the most annoying thing about foobar and a good reason not to use foobar at all. A media library that is easily accessible and editable is a feature in every half decent media player. Foobar has so many unique strengths, I don't see why this has to be a weakness.