Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Toaster for Fb2k (Read 316908 times) previous topic - next topic

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #75
Sorry for being a real n00b, but how do I change the text colour? Can't seem to find any options in there...

Using the silver skin, but with white text...

EDIT: -found it... my bad!-

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #76
Now updated for MSN Messenger 7.0.0632 support. Note it wont work with the leaked 604 build anymore.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #77
no more transparency on the new version ?

before (the background was a little bit transparent))
[a href="http://www.imageshack.us" target="_blank"]  (but I really hope you'll be able to help for this transparency prob  )

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #78
Ive resolved the aa text problem, but am not sure about the transparency issue. I know its from the updating of the text every second which is somehow resetting the alpha of the whole window, but cant reproduce the problem.

What are your settings?

/EDIT: Nevermind, Ive found the problem. I was simply drawing over the text area with the background image to clear it, instead of doing a proper clear. I needed to set the compositing mode to src copy instead of src over to prevent layering the apha values on top of each other constantly. You will notice there is actually some transparency around the album cover, this is because this isnt cleared when the text is updated.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #79
thank you very much ! tell me when the correction will be available 

btw, I've started doing a gif skin for the toaster, don't know if I'll have time to finish it one day, but if you're willing to do a gallery on your website, I'll be glad to send it to you.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #80
The problem should hopefully be fixed in 0.1.6 up now.

One of these days I might get around to getting that site up properly, though probably with a different domain. Ive used tikiwiki a bit, which is kinda what im looking for, though I need something a bit more lightweight.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #81
it works very well now ! thanks and congrats for your reactivity !

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #82
Use %_time_elapsed% instead.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=278380"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Even trying that all I am getting is a '?'.  Is there something I am missing?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #83
I use %_time_elapsed%/%_length% and it works as intended.

Maybe you should also tick "show dynamic info" or how it's called in Preferences/Display.
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #84
That was the trick kalmark.  Thanks so much for that.  I had just missed it all together.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #85
what about a functionnality that automatically display the toaster when you bring the mouse over the foobar icon in tray ?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #86
I can't seem to find the configuration. I think I read somewhere the it should be in the "Components" menu but it's not there.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #87
I can't seem to find the configuration. I think I read somewhere the it should be in the "Components" menu but it's not there.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=280218"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

'Components' on main menu > Toaster > Configure Toaster

what about a functionnality that automatically display the toaster when you bring the mouse over the foobar icon in tray ?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=280097"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Love the idea

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #88
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=280218"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

'Components' on main menu > Toaster > Configure Toaster

Thats what I said in my original message; it not there.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #89
You can add it by yourself: Preferences -> Core -> Main menu items, right click on the Components group (or any other group) and select Insert item -> Command... -> Components/Toaster/Configure Toaster.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #90
You can add it by yourself: Preferences -> Core -> Main menu items, right click on the Components group (or any other group) and select Insert item -> Command... -> Components/Toaster/Configure Toaster.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=280327"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks a lot! That did it. 

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #91
This is really a great plugin for foobar2000. Thanks.

This is mine.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #92
I am trying to get this to work with shoutcast as well.

Ok I am getting the pop up with correct info but still in msn it just shows the name of the shoutcast server. Its not chaning dynamicly?

How can I get it to work correctly?

See what I mean:

Thanks,
  Will
God Bless U.S.A

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #93
@waileongyeo: I have this already coded for the winamp version, and will put it in the foobar2000 version too, its pretty simple.

@Superunknown: If there is a simple callback mechanism for this I will put it in, but I couldnt find anything with a quick look. I could use all sorts of hacks to do it, but will only do it if there is a nice clean way to do it.

@war59312: The MSN Messenger info doesnt change dynamically because otherwise you will have it updating every second. I would suspect that every time this changes, a network packet goes out to all your contacts, so I avoid doing this, and do it only if the song changes.

I couldnt find a clean way to detect track changes in http streams in fb2k other than comparing the title every second. If you know of a clean callback method to detect actual track changes I will gladly make the fix. Using dynamic_info callback doesnt seem to make a difference.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #94
I don't know if this was suggested before but a "Pin to desktop" (or "Always on bottom") option would be really great for Toaster.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #95
Dang.

Dont know, but foo_osd.dll does it some how.
God Bless U.S.A

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #96
Well, I have also notice if you launch MSN Messenger after foobar then it does not get the song message. You have to stop and start music again. Could that be fixed. I know its minor and not a big deal.

Thanks,
  Will
God Bless U.S.A

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #97
Dear friends,

I found this free program is quite useful for me to embed the cd cover image into the mp3 song. AudioShell.

You can then enable option  "use id3v2 covers" to display album cover using foo_toaster (and I assume you have downloaded id3lib.dll to foobar2000 program directory).

However, this free utility seems like do not support multiple file embeding, what a pity.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #98
@war59312: Thats expected behaviour and won't be fixed.

@XQC: I have looked into the 'always on bottom' thing a couple times. Its not that easy to implement under Windows, but it is something I will try put in if I ever get working reliably.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #99
Hmm, would it involve much effort to make this work without gdiplus.dll? I don't need this DLL for any other piece of software on my win2k system, so its kinda overkill having this giant DLL installed just for a small plugin.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.