Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Toaster for Fb2k (Read 316934 times) previous topic - next topic

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #100
Yes it would require quite a lot of effort. gdiplus on my system is already loaded by explorer.exe, msnmsgr.exe and outlook.exe so it doesnt actually use any extra memory or diskspace. This is using XP however. You can use listdlls -d gdiplus.dll from sysinternals or some other process explorer to see.

If I were to not use gdiplus.dll, I would have to write my own .jpg/.gif/.png loading and alpha belnding code etc, which would be just re-inventing gdiplus.dll. The difference being it probably wouldnt be as good, and wouldnt be shared in memory amongst other applications. So it makes a lot of sense to use gdiplus actually.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #101
It seems toaster is stripping off a leading ' and tailing ' from one of my lines when I close foobar, resulting in a syntax error.
here is what I was using:
'['$progress(%_time_elapsed_seconds%, %_time_total_seconds%, 20,'|','.')']'  $muldiv(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,100,%_time_total_seconds%)'%'

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #102
Yes I think this has been covered before in this thread. (or maybe another)

Anyway, its to do with the .ini loading/saving. Prefix and suffix your strings with [] to avoid the problem.

ie.

[]'('%year%')'[]

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #103

Anyway, its to do with the .ini loading/saving. Prefix and suffix your strings with [] to avoid the problem.

ie.

[]'('%year%')'[]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282616"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

@shaneh: What's the different between the string in formatting and MSN Title/Artist? The code works in the formatting not working in the MSN Title/Artist field. Besides. If I use more than 3 $if(*,*,*) in the MSN Title/Artist, it always return syntax error on MSN messenger.

Would you able to make the MSN Title/Artist field works as display formatting?

Thanks.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #104

ie.

[]'('%year%')'[]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282616"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

awesome, thanks

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #105
@waileongyeo:

The MSN formatting doesnt use the playlist to do the formatting, so things like %elapsed_time% etc wont work. This is to be expected, as you dont want this changing every second.

The reason you are having trouble with the $if's is because you are probably going over the 100 char limit.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #106
@waileongyeo:

The MSN formatting doesnt use the playlist to do the formatting, so things like %elapsed_time% etc wont work. This is to be expected, as you dont want this changing every second.

The reason you are having trouble with the $if's is because you are probably going over the 100 char limit.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282832"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't use %elapsed_time% and I did notice that MSN will only be updated when there is change of now playing song (may be pause and resume also). Texts I get are the general (static) expression of %artist% %date% %title%...

100 chars limit for the "format strings" for MSN title/artist? Or it's the limit if MSN to display 100 chars. If the limit is the "format strings", it then make sense if my formatting string is more that 100 char and that's why a syntax error returned in MSN messenger. However, this doesn't occur in the display of toaster.

So I guess the limitation of 100 chars is the limit for the display of MSN title. Right?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #107
The plugin is great, but it does not remember the settings for me. I have to import my preset each time I run foobar2000 and that"s not too convenient. The preset combo box on the first tab of configuration dialog seems to be broken completely, only Export / Import seem to be working.. I guess that's simply because it's not finished yet, but nobody complained about needing to re-import the preset each time, so it might be just my problem...

So does toaster support storing the settings across sessions? Where does it store it, so I could have a look and maybe figure out what's wrong ?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #108
@waileongyeo: Yes the 100 char limit is the limit for the msn text box, not what gets sent to messenger. ie, %title% could expand to 200 characters and it should still be ok. I will make it a bit bigger later on. Unfortuantly there needs to be some kind of limit, because the .ini loading/saving requires a fixed buffer. If/When I eventually use fb2ks config saving/loading this problem will probably be resolved.

@Quiark: The settings should save across sessions fine. Perhaps you are loading the presets incorrectly, it is admittedly a bit of an awkward process.

Choose the preset you want from the drop down list, then click "Load Preset", then click "Apply". You can then configure it how you want, and click "Apply" to save the setting to that named preset. Clicking "Apply" will always overwrite the named preset with the current settings, so be sure to click "Load preset" first, unless you want to overwrite it with whatever the current settings are.

The settings are stored in "Toaster.ini" in whatever directory Fb2k specifies is the profile directory (typically just the main application directory).  Perhaps you are running as non-admin and dont have permissions to that file? There should be some means to specify the profile directory in fb2k if thats the problem.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #109
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=283741"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm.. it does not work... My user account has the all administrator priviledges (I'm a member of the Administrators group) and I've checked that I'm able to create a file both in foobar's directory and the Profile\Application Data\foobar2000 directory. However the plugin is for some reason unable to create the file, I haven't found a file called toaster.ini anywhere on my disk drive.

I was trying everything to get more than one thing into the combo box, but there is always only one preset. And each time I click the Load preset button, some default preset (Winamp skin, small letters, centered, fading slowly and such) is loaded even if I had imported a preset before and said that I want the current preset to be overwritten...

It may be caused by the fact that I haven't installed foobar, but just copied it from another computer..

If you are planning to store the settings using foobar's internal routines soon it would be probably better solution...

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #110
I had that problem because foobar was located in a directory using Spanish caracters (ñ, etc.), I removed it (turned the ñ to n, etc.) and everything works well now.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #111
I had that problem because foobar was located in a directory using Spanish caracters (ñ, etc.), I removed it (turned the ñ to n, etc.) and everything works well now.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=283939"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well I've got a Czech version of WinXP so the name of the Application Data directory in Czech is Data Aplikací so this might be the problem... Now whose problem this is? foobar's or toaster's ?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #112
Ok i feel kinda stupid asking this, but I can't install the Toaster.exe... I copied the foobar plugin to components folder, but I just can't click on the 'Install' button... Do I have to install Winamp for this?

Thanx

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #113
@Quiark: I suspected that may be the case. This is an issue with Toaster not handling unicode characters in the config path. I assumed Windows wouldnt be that silly in having the Program Files directory or other standard directories have unicode characters, as its just asking to break programs that don't support unicode properly. I will try fix it up, I kinda suspected it would be a problem for someone eventually

@sOid: No, you need to get the foobar2000 version. It is a .rar file with a foo_toaster.dll file in it. Place hte dll in your components directory. You are trying to install the winamp version. Visit http://www.myplugins.info and get the fb2k version.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #114
i can't save settings cause my foobar is in D:\工具软件\媒体工具\foobar2000

Can it support chinese characters next vertion?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #115
right, it don't support special caracters in foobar directory

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #116
Is it possible to change the color of the text?  I have been playing around and haven't figured that out yet.  Change color of text shadow/outline, yes, but not the text itself.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #117
Hit "Forecolour" on the "Skins" tab in the Toaster configs.
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #118
Silly me, I thought that was coloring for the skin.  Thanks.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #119
If there is any Unicode character in "MSN Format" field, the whole thing doesn't show up in MSN at all. (But if the file tags themselves contain Unicode characters, they display correctly, so this should be a foo_toaster problem not a MSN problem.)

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #120
how to configure this plugin ?

works ok, but I want to configure it.

thanks

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #121
Components menu->Toater->configure Toaster. 

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #122
i suppose that, but... i doesn't have it! look:

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #123
This config is here:

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #124
ohh cool.. thanks..
i can see now!