Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WSH Panel Mod (Read 814189 times) previous topic - next topic

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1550
Google Code is shutting down
http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2015...oogle-code.html
Anybody can do it here:
https://code.google.com/export-to-github/

i know it doesn't need doing for a year but here it is anyway. 

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo-wsh-panel-mod/releases

this is completely untouched by me and was automated using the above link. i did re-upload the fb2k-component file from the original site but that's it.

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1551
i actually forgot to set an expiry date on 1.5.8beta1 so it will work indefinitely. however, i have just released 1.5.8 final with a minor addition.

Code: [Select]
v1.5.8
- ADD: fb.IsLibraryEnabled()

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...h_panel_mod.zip

library stuff tested (i'm recoding from scratch my album browser panel used in my DUiTunes config), and all is working as expected

thanx again for these great adds marc!

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1552
added/removed/modified.

there are actually 3 separate callbacks for these which i've rolled in to one. i could implement them separately.

and i can certainly test longer files on a deadly slow usb stick to try and look at these issues first hand to see if i have any ideas.

please do, so on a library panel, we could decide to only repopulate the panel if tracks added or removed from library, but not if library modified because when i tag a track in my playlist panel, on_library_change is always called, that's not really a good behaviour because i populate panel again on each tag changing and loos scroll index too  ... it's always possible to code tricks to avoid some part of the problem but it's a little bit annoying to do

could you consider this in a further release please ?

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1553
sorry but i can't do anything in the foreseeable future. i had to sell some pc bits again so i can't run visual studio. 

edit: i'll have a go at making the changes tomorrow and hopefully some other kind sole will compile it for me.

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1554
well i've hacked together what i think should work. my changes prior to this compiled fine on vs2103 community edition update 4. if anyone else has this, could they please try and compile this and then post the generated dll for me to test - assuming it builds.... just bin it if it doesn't.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22801321/wsh159.zip

just extract and then open foobar2000\foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod\foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod.sln, go to the root of the solution and change from debug to release. all required SDK/library files are included so nothing else has to be done.

thanks to anyone who considers this request.

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1555
Edit: Removed link to upload forum because the files are obsolete. See post below.

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1556
thanks foosion for your time but i've completely wasted it. i'm so sorry about that. i can't believe it but i actually uploaded the unchanged files. 

this is purely down to my incompetence messing around with git branching for the first time and i must have been on my master branch when i zipped up the files instead of my test branch which had the changes. of course i should have checked the zip contents but i didn't.

the same link has the updated files. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22801321/wsh159.zip

if you can forgive me, some time next week would be fine and sorry once again.

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1558
yes they are. i think this is right ??

git clone https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod.git wsh
cd wsh
git checkout test

file wsh\foobar2000\foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod\foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod\version.h should have 1.5.9 in it, not 1.5.8

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1559
Works here. If you want to be explicit you can change the last line as follows.
git checkout -t -b test origin/test

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1560
^thanks for spotting my silly mistake re: parantheses. that change has been committed. it may have been possible to apply your patch using git but i honestly have no idea how so i made the changes locally and pushed it.

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1561
The easy way would have been to click the "Merge" button on the pull request page on github. Then you could have use "git pull" to transfer them to your local repositor. Or "git fetch" followed by "git rebase" if you had unpushed commits.

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1562
The easy way would have been to click the "Merge" button on the pull request page on github.

what excuse can i think of for missing this? i blame my browser. or something.

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1564
thanks for this. i really do appreciate it.

i can at least confirm my changes work... 

@falstaff and anyone else....

function on_library_items_added() {
    fb.trace("items added");
}

function on_library_items_removed() {
    fb.trace("items removed");
}

function on_library_items_changed() {
    fb.trace("items changed");
}

on_library_changed lived a very short life and is now dead.

it could live on if you called it from each of the above 3 callbacks.

edit: the full download with updated docs can be found on this page.

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod/releases

v1.5.9
- CHG: on_library_changed() has been deprecated after a very short life.
- ADD: on_library_items_added()
- ADD: on_library_items_removed()
- ADD: on_library_items_changed()

thanks again foosion. without your help, this would have not been possible.

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1565
^ Great thanks for the update, RIP on library_changed, but things have to go ahead

will test new callbacks asap, thanks to you marc and thanks to foosion for his help

EDIT: test OK, the 3 new callbacks work like a charm

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1566
RIP on library_changed

it could live on if you called it from each of the above 3 callbacks.

function on_library_items_added() {
    on_library_changed();
}

function on_library_items_removed() {
    on_library_changed();
}

function on_library_items_changed() {
    on_library_changed();
}

function on_library_changed() {
    //ok this isn't a proper callback anymore but any code inside here will be executed like before
}

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1567
@foosion, i'm going to be unbelievably cheeky and ask if you can try another compile for me - if/when you have time. this will be the last time i ask - i certainly have no intention of making any more changes until i get my own computer running again.

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod/tree/test2

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1568
@foosion, i'm going to be unbelievably cheeky and ask if you can try another compile for me - if/when you have time. this will be the last time i ask - i certainly have no intention of making any more changes until i get my own computer running again.

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod/tree/test2

Marc when you have running comp. again.. it would be great, if you can look at possibility for adding option to load images directly from net, in foobar panel, without saving it to disk.
Like foo_uie_biography works. You told me that this is maybe possible if you have skills to extend plugin..
You and foosion maybe can do this..
Thank you for all your work on this...

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1569
without saving it to disk.

was it you who gave me serious brainache last time this was discussed? foo_uie_biography is still downloading the image in full taking the same bandwidth/resources. just because you can't see where it is saved, doesn't mean it isn't happening. you can mimic the same behaviour in your own scripts by having your own temp folder and discarding images when done.

and i simply wouldn't have the skills to fetch images from the internet in c++ so it's a moot point. all i've asked foosion to do is compile some changes which is fairly trivial if a little time consuming compared to writing any code.

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1570
without saving it to disk.

was it you who gave me serious brainache last time this was discussed? foo_uie_biography is still downloading the image in full taking the same bandwidth/resources. just because you can't see where it is saved, doesn't mean it isn't happening. you can mimic the same behaviour in your own scripts by having your own temp folder and discarding images when done.

and i simply wouldn't have the skills to fetch images from the internet in c++ so it's a moot point. all i've asked foosion to do is compile some changes which is fairly trivial if a little time consuming compared to writing any code.

I'm sure, that i not gave you brainache . I just asked you once, long time ago, as i remember, and you gave me some answer.. 
Ok then.. this is pretty much the same as we already have in WSH, as you explain now...
Thanks.

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1571
@foosion, i'm going to be unbelievably cheeky and ask if you can try another compile for me - if/when you have time.

i really hope you didn't waste your time looking because i just realised i made some silly typos again. corrections have been made.

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1572
Do not worry. I will not have time to look at this before the weekend anyway.

WSH Panel Mod

Reply #1573
just the fact you're willing to consider it at all is more than enough. you can save a little effort by just posting the release dll. there's no way i'm able to make use the debug/pdb files. i know less than nothing about c++.

i don't know if you're looking at the commits but all i'm doing is looking at some existing code and finding easy things in the SDK that don't exist in the component.

for example, this bit of code has been in the component for years....

static_api_ptr_t<playlist_manager>()->playlist_clear_selection(playlistIndex);

from that and trawling the SDK files, it's fairly easy to assume me adding these is going to work.

static_api_ptr_t<playlist_manager>()->playlist_undo_backup(playlistIndex);
static_api_ptr_t<playlist_manager>()->playlist_undo_restore(playlistIndex);

of course my assumptions could get me in trouble one day but i've been doing ok so far (typos aside )