Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need software that will artificially try to reconstruct the high freq (Read 10479 times) previous topic - next topic

Need software that will artificially try to reconstruct the high freq

Does such a software exist? Are there any high frequency restoration plugins for adobe audition 2? I am aware that audio data that is gone is lost forever, I just want to experiment.

Thank you!

Reply #1
Does such a software exist? Are there any high frequency restoration plugins for adobe audition 2? I am aware that audio data that is gone is lost forever, I just want to experiment.

Thank you!

Nero Wave Editor has this feature. (at least in old Nero 5)

J.M.

Reply #2
Thanks, I tried it with Nero 7 and it has the wave editor. It really does make my mp3s sound better!

I also found this and it works great with audition 2.0 http://www.acondigital.com/us_StudioClean.html

Wow, it really sounds MUCH MUCH better. Are there any links that explain how such programs work? It's very interesting.

Reply #3
i've found a trick that does it by myself

Reply #4
i've found a trick that does it by myself

ok so then dont hesitate to tell us! (let me guess: it involves resampling...)

J.M.

Reply #5
Thanks, I tried it with Nero 7 and it has the wave editor. It really does make my mp3s sound better!

I also found this and it works great with audition 2.0 http://www.acondigital.com/us_StudioClean.html

Wow, it really sounds MUCH MUCH better. Are there any links that explain how such programs work? It's very interesting.

Please tell us what "MUCH MUCH better" means.   
Nov schmoz kapop.

Reply #6
I hada 96kbps mp3 file that topped at 12khz, I used the software and it reconstructed it up to 20khz and it sounded like the real cd!

Reply #7
TOC #8 la la la la la la...

Reply #8
I hada 96kbps mp3 file that topped at 12khz, I used the software and it reconstructed it up to 20khz and it sounded like the real cd!

If you had the real cd to comapre against, why not just re-rip it again

As to your claim, I am almost certain thats not right, claims like that have to be put up against the Terms Of Service, in particular, No 8. If it truly does sound identical to the cd, then I'd be very suprise, by your poor hearing

Kristian

Reply #9
well, my trick usually is done on preset standard mp3's, it has no real effect on the sound quality...but it looks better on graphs

it involves playing with the transpose option.

Reply #10

If you had the real cd to comapre against, why not just re-rip it again

As to your claim, I am almost certain thats not right, claims like that have to be put up against the Terms Of Service, in particular, No 8. If it truly does sound identical to the cd, then I'd be very suprise, by your poor hearing

Kristian

I'm exaggerating, it sounds a better but not cd quality. It sounds a bit "shrill". I have an etymotic er6i so I think I have pretty good hearing. 

Reply #11
This paper gives some insight in the Aphex Aural Exciter, which is basically what is used in those kind of tools.
It even draws some TOS 8 approved conclusions.

Reply #12
Check this - http://www.fidelityamplifier.com/SX_Fideli...r_internet.html

I've been using this plugin for a while and it really works. It creates a virtual sound card , so that it affects every audio source (winamp , foobar , Internet radios and even games)

Pitty, its a 30 days trial :/

Reply #13
this might actually be an ok idea for reconstructing 64kbps mp3's...combined with my transpose trick and we're flyin

Reply #14
How do u do the tranpose trick in audition 2.0?

Reply #15
i will have to upload a pic of a waveform, just did an mp3@96kbps...sounds alright, by no means like the original since the stereo image is borked, but it sure does restore frequencies.

Reply #16

waveform, song is "Baby I'm Gonna Leave You" from Led Zeppelin

in short, i encoded the song into 96kbps with a 13khz lowpass and went from there with the plugin mentioned in the first couple posts in the thread, wave editor used was Nero Wave Editor bundled with Nero 7.2 Suite

Reply #18
Am I missing something here?  I have a cape but it doesn't mean I have super powers...

Edit: I should say additional super powers.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #19
seems to work non-optimally in nero wave 7

but is working great in v.6

Reply #20
I have an etymotic er6i so I think I have pretty good hearing. 

Hmmm.... 
That you have an etymotic er6i tells me nothing about your hearing; it only tells me that you were able to scrape together its purchase price! 

I have tried this software and can say that in my opinion, reconstructing missing highs with it is a classic case of the remedy being worse than the ailment. I just don't think that the current state of the art is good enough (at least with any software accessible to the public) to reconstruct missing information of such subtlety as the high-frequency harmonic components of acoustic instruments. With highly processed and dynamically compressed pop/rock/hip-hop, perhaps many will find the results satisfactory enough, but it still cannot stand up to direct ABX comparision with the original CD; it will sound different.