Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.6 (Read 1889404 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current)

Reply #2075
And unfortunately you can't disable writing a .cue file, but it's also on my list mainly because it's useless when converting to lossy formats.

Are ISRC data stored in the image? How can I retrieve these again?

Reply #2076
ISRC data is usually found in the Q sub-channel of the CD. When ripping to a WAV CDImage, the retrieved sub-channel data is saved in the CUE sheet as CATALOG, FLAGS, ISRC... If the WAV is compressed, the data can also be stored in the metadata.
[a href='index.php?showtopic=98359']Interesting thread on ISRC.[/a]
korth

Reply #2077
I wish that the next version of CUEripper would have a button zo open/close the tray of the drive.

Reply #2078
I can't use CueTools under Windows 8.
How can I use it?

Reply #2079
What do you mean you can't use it? Works for me...
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2080
The program don't run

Reply #2081
Any error messages?
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2082
No message...

Reply #2083
Succes 
Under explorer.
Thaks.

Reply #2084
I get now suddenly again and again an exception with CUERipper:

Exception: Error reading CD: IoctlFailed

This happens directly after gap detection - progressbar is at 1% and the status says Ripping @03,42x...

When I switch the drive off and on (externel USB 3) then it works again.
What could be the reason for it?

Edit:
After the error CUERipper shows

Open failed: Datenfehler (CRC-Prüfung) (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80070017)

I can only access the disc again when I close CUERipper. But re-ripping again is causing the same error. I have to switch off the drive

Reply #2085
How can I edit track data with CUERipper?
I have a compilation disc which was only known by freedb. I can edit the titles. But I do not see where I can switch to compilation so the performer column will be visible (and editable)

Reply #2086
What's the model of your drive? What changed before it started to happen? New drive or new driver? Does it happen on every CD?
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2087
In the tracklist, click on any other column but Title
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2088
What's the model of your drive? What changed before it started to happen? New drive or new driver? Does it happen on every CD?

Asus BW-12D1S-U - it is a rebadged Pioneer BDR-207 (less than 6 months old).
I tested the last hours still a little bit.
It does not happen  always. I had till now 3 problematic discs (all were maxi CDs). 2 of them I could reread after switching the drive off and on.
But the third one is creating always the error message.

All 3 problematic discs work fine in a Plextor PX-B310U - so it has to be drive specific.

Reply #2089
In the tracklist, click on any other column but Title

I clicked on title and the last column (the empty one after length) but to click on the time - I would have never thought of this.
But it works now 

Still another problem. CUEripper 'found' a 1x1 pixel album art jpg for one of my CDs. In the preview I couldn't see it - but shouldn't be there minimum sizes of the artwork?

And staying at this topic here are still some ideas:
- please show the size of the chosen graphics - like 600x600
- Can I remove the album art within of CUEripper when it is not the right one? And can I add my own one?
- a 1:1 preview of the available album arts would be nice & useful

Reply #2090
I clicked on title and the last column (the empty one after length) but to click on the time - I would have never thought of this.
It was on the CUETools wiki, though my descriptions are rather brief.
Can I remove the album art within of CUEripper when it is not the right one?
If more than one image is available (like from a different metadata source) you can mouse click on the preview image to switch to the next image. (wiki link)
korth

Reply #2091
Hi,

my first post here and I feel quite excited about all the friendly provided knowledge. Hoping for a warm welcome!

I'm using EAC with CTDB plugin 2.1.3. Works well, I feel that my rips are now as good as needed. I want to place a small feature request for the CTDB plugin: In the EAC's database search pop-up I normally use the Musicbrainz entry to tag my release. Needed information to choose the right release is e. g. the barcode or the label. It is perhaps possible to write one of the unique release data to the EAC comment field? Then it would be possible to re-tag the tracks afterwards via Musicbrainz Picard much more easily.

Thanks in advance

Tubebend

Reply #2092
Probably a good idea. Although the best solution would probably be to convince Andre to add support for such additional metadata fields in EAC, for example to let the plugin manipulate Vorbis comment fields directly - then there would be no need to use Picard
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2093
Thanks for the reply!

You're right - it would probably be the best solution to ask Andre to implement this (and other) features in EAC. On the other hand I do not think that EAC's goal is to offer best quality meta data... Your CTDB plugin already comes up with the needed information serveed on a silver platter - but unfortunately the information is not processable. Up to now I'm typewriting the barcode into EAC's comment field to refine my tags afterwards. It works but is far away from convenience.

So perhaps any chance to get this feature implemented in CTDB plugin?!?

Cheers, Tubebend

Reply #2094
Another question:

At which state of the EAC ripping process does the plugin append it's own log to the EAC log? I move the EAC log by a cmd batch to the desired directory after the last track has been encoded to FLAC. The batch waits for the EAC log to be written and then moves it. I feel that sometimes the log is moved too fast and that the plugin has no chance to write it's own report then. But this behaviour is not reproducable - I already implemented some waiting loops but sometimes it works - sometimes not.

Cheers, Tubebend

Reply #2095
Plugin only returns the data to EAC, EAC puts it into its log file. I think EAC also puts its signature after it puts plugin messages. So if you have EAC signature but no plugin log, it means that plugin returned no messages.

CTDB plugin returns no messages if you are copying only some tracks and not an entire disc. Old versions of plugin also ignored discs with pregap in file-per-track mode.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #2096
I'm using EAC with CTDB plugin 2.1.3
PMJI, I just wanted to point out that version 2.1.4 of the plugin is available here. This version doesn't address any of the concerns you mentioned but is more compatible with the per-track verification of CTDB 2.0.
korth

Reply #2097
I will update to 2.1.4 then.

I noticed the missing CTDB-log when ripping complete releases. Just to clearify myself: If the disc is not in the CueTools database no log will be transferred to EAC? I'm quite sure that CTDB logs were also missing for common releases but I will check this again when at home this evening (UTC+1). There is no extra EAC signature entry after a CTDB log. The plugin compares the rip with the database on the web after the last track, right? Perhaps I closed the EAC log pop-up too fast? In the EAC UI-report never the CTDB log is shown. Only in the log files like this one:

Code: [Select]
Exact Audio Copy V1.0 beta 3 from 29. August 2011
EAC extraction logfile from 28. December 2012, 13:16
Héroes del Silencio / Senderos de traición
snipped
Track 12

Filename D:\Users\Public\Music\_EAC\1-12 El cuadro II.wav

Peak level 91.7 %
     Extraction speed 17.1 X
     Track quality 99.9 %
     Copy CRC 3E33F8C7
     Accurately ripped (confidence 41)  [0A4A21BD]  (AR v2)
     Copy OK

All tracks accurately ripped

No errors occurred

End of status report

---- CUETools DB Plugin V2.1.3

[CTDB TOCID: wmQoNFieqbt48ZkVJRPHRHXU06Y-] found, Submit result: wmQoNFieqbt48ZkVJRPHRHXU06Y- has been confirmed
[b938fa33] (298/304) Accurately ripped
[bd8aa32c] (001/304) No match
[87754ec9] (001/304) No match
[8cb3c7b5] (001/304) No match
[044d6f8e] (001/304) No match
[748b3eab] (001/304) No match
[9e05eafc] (001/304) No match

Will keep you informed about further investigations...

Cheers, Tubebend

Reply #2098
Rip is processed after the last track.
Plugin message is appended to the '.log' file, not EAC's 'Status and Error Messages' window.
Plugin message will be added to the log file telling you 'submission status' if disc is not found in CTDB.
More info here.
korth

Reply #2099
Hi Gregory, long time user of CUETools here, so let me thank you for this great little piece of software.

I just have a small feature request which I don't know if it's been asked already: Would it be possible to add in the CUETools log information about the flags found on cuesheets, if any? I know they're not very usual, but it would be especially helpful when a preemphasis flag is detected to have that info available at a quick glance there along with the other reports.

Regards.