Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [request] Lyrics Panel (Read 236048 times) previous topic - next topic

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #250
Still trying to find out how to get lyrics to scroll (I have Enable Scroll checked, but the lyrics I have that are taller than the page don't scroll), and why using embed trashes *all* the tags. Any help greatly appreciated.

foobar 9.4.1
foo_uie_lyrics 3.0.0

Thanks!

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #251
I‘ve downloaded the 0.3.1version.and i wonder what is the folder "source" used for?

i use the 0.3.1version and when i start foobar0.9.4.2,i get foobar crash

luckily i download the one made for IE7 users,it works perfectly with me!THX

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #252
vr8ce, they scroll when they are timed.  Otherwise only a mouse wheel will make non-timed lyrics scroll.

The auto-downloading thing didn't work well for me but nothing has trashed tags other than LYRICS.

Maybe that helps.

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #253
The scroll does not work on my laptop's touchpad's scroll region. But it works if I use an external mouse's scroll wheel... 

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #254
Okay, the online-search sucks a lot, but if you use EvilLyrics minimized to tray you can set it's lyrics-folder to be used as source for your lyrics in foobar. This is a nice way to get a good online-search-engine into foo_uie_lyrics 

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #255
@ pyr0rrzzz:
This seems to be quite a good combination indeed, thank you for that hint.

Still, there is a small (I hope) problem left here: foo_uie_lyrics doesn't display the lyrics automatically when playing a track the first time, even though the lyrics path is set properly and the lyrics are already there, delivered by evillyrics.

Are there additional settings in the preferences I have to put in? Basically, it looks like foo_uie_lyrics gives up searching too soon, like before evillyrics is done putting the file into the lyrics directory. I can exclude tag or file name interpretation issues, because when I skip back to that track later the lyrics are displayed well.

So, how can I get foo_uie_lyrics to showing the lyrics right after evillyrics delivered them?

Greetinx from Berlin, Germany
Anandamid

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #256
How come some of my lyrics (associated from a local directory) only update when I use the "Reload lyrics" function, while others don't care, even if I have made changes in the LRC file and saved it? And yeah, all of them are embeded to that file as well, and nothing happens if I remove it, re-associates and embeds again. It's still some elder lyric loaded in.

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #257
First off, this is a great plugin bluenet - thanks for all your work 

I think I've discovered the source of one of the lyric non-display issues that a few people have come across. The behaviour I observed was that the lyrics panel would only show the lyrics on the occasion that they were downloaded, and would not read them from the lyrics file later. Only certain lyric downloads were effected, but the only way to get the lyrics panel to display the lyrics was to download them every time I wanted to view them.

Opening any of the effected lyrics files showed nothing unusual, until I tried using a text file comparison program (WinMerge) on one of these files. It popped up a warning that included the following:
The EOL are of different types (DOS/UNIX/MAC)

After creating a new lrc file of the same name and text, but with all the EOLs (end of lines) replaced, I replaced the old lrc file, and played the song in fb2k again. However, it was only after I closed fb2k and reran it that the lyrics panel was forced to read the new lyrics file and from then on it has had no problem displaying the lyrics from the file whenever the song is played.

Unfortunately, I'm no windows programmer, so the only way I have of checking to see if the EOLs are doggy is to load them into WinMerge and then have WinMerge fix the EOLs.

I don't know if this lyrics plugin is still being updated, and could be changed to recognise non standard EOL types, but if anyone knows of an app that would search through all the files of types .lrc and .txt in a folder and its sub-folders and normalise all the EOLs, it would save an awful lot of stuffing around. 

TIA

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #258
vr8ce, they scroll when they are timed.  Otherwise only a mouse wheel will make non-timed lyrics scroll.

The auto-downloading thing didn't work well for me but nothing has trashed tags other than LYRICS.

Maybe that helps.

mouse wheel scrolling doesn´t work here 
any ideas?

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #259
I'm using the lyrics panel in combination with panels ui. But scrolling don't work for me. Any ideas?

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #260
I'm using columns UI but I'm also experiencing scrolling problem.

Initially it works ok, then after closing and restarting foobar, it doesn't scroll, but instead freezes making delay for 4-5 lines and then jumps forward where it actually should be.

Sometimes, after just opening settings, it  starts again to work ok, but then after restarting there's the same problem again.

Also, when I start continuous moving of mouse cursor over the lyrics' or nearby panels' tabs, it starts to scroll and continues as long as I keep moving mouse cursor. After  I stop mouse, it stops. Is it a bug, or what is it? How can I get rid of this?

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #261
Okay, the online-search sucks a lot, but if you use EvilLyrics minimized to tray you can set it's lyrics-folder to be used as source for your lyrics in foobar. This is a nice way to get a good online-search-engine into foo_uie_lyrics 

I'm trying the same setup you recommended, pyr0rrzzz (thanks for the tip, btw!) and I'm having the same problem others are - lyricpanel never finds any lyrics on its own, and I have to reload the lyrics about 20 seconds after evillyrics have downloaded them to get it to actually display the right lyrics.  And it never scrolls for me, even if evillyrics got the karaoke time-stamped version of the lyrics.

Does anyone have a better tool they would recommend for in-panel scrolling lyrics?

Thanks!

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #262
 FEATURE REQUEST

As it stands right now, I'm using Columns UI, Dockable Panels, and this plugin (and a few others).  No problems and all is good.  I noticed that the user can choose what tags to look at for lyric data in the Preferences window > "Read lyric from TAG:" field.  I use winamp for entering lyrics simply because I can enter multipul lyric tags with full unicode support

It would be really cool if you could include a right click menu on the lyrics panel that would display "Lyrics Tags" as a menu entry and submenus could be all tags that match in the "Read lyric from TAG:" field in the Preferences.  That way people could be able to read lyrics in original languages and translated languages.

I can do this function manually so far.  I use LYRICS1, LYRICS2, LYRICS3, ect... for multipul lyric fields in my music files.  It seems that if multipul lyric tags exist on the music file, only the first recognized tag is displayed.  (I know you probably did this on purpose  )  So I just list only one tag in the "Read lyric from TAG:" field.  When I want to change it, I right click on the lyric panel, go to Settings..., and then change the "Read lyric from TAG:" field to another name (like LYRICS2), click [Save All] button and [Close] button, and then I right click again in the lyric panel, and click "Reload lyric" in the menu.  Then when it refreshes, I can see the other lyric tag that I entered.

If all of this can be simplified so that all lyric tags (that are listed in "Read lyric from TAG:" field AND that exist in the current music file) would be displayed in the right click menu, for example:

Right-click > Lyric Tags >

Lyric_Tag_Name
Lyric_Tag_Name2
Lyric_Tag_Name3
...ect...

... that would be awsome!!!  Another good thing to include is to have the plugin scan the music file's ID3 tag for lyric tags using a wildcard match string such as: " LYRICS_* ".  In the future I would like to get very detailed with my tag names, e.g. LYRICS_GERMAN, LYRICS_CHINESE, LYRICS_KOREAN, ect... and if you can include this wildcard search function and easy right-click menu > submenu lyric selection... I woule LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!  (but I'm a guy, so don't get the wrong idea  )

If you include wildcard scanning for lyric tags, then you could also have custom titles for each lyric tag.  Just remove the wildcard part before displaying them in the menus.  Of course, users would be required to have their own software that can make custom tag fields in order for this idea to work.  So if the specified wild card is this:

LYRICS_*

... and if the Tag names are like this:

LYRICS_ENGLISH
LYRICS_CHINESE
LYRICS_GERMAN
...ect...

...the the submenus can look like this (after removing wild card mask -- in this case it is "LYRICS_"):

Right-click > Lyric Tags >

ENGLISH
CHINESE
GERMAN

Personally, if I only see tag names (such as LYRICS_ENGLISH), that would be just fine with me!

=================================================

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to explain my idea thoroughly. 

I hope to see this feature in the near future

Edit: If you could allow interpreting HTML style tags in the lyric data for changing text color,font , and text size that would be cool too!

Edit: one more!  If you go with a wild card match idea... and if people do LYRICS_GERMAN, LYRICS_KOREAN, ect... include a function to automatically change the words into the native language that they represent.  So if you have a tag that is LYRICS_KOREAN, then instead of displaying "KOREAN" in the menu, display this:

한국

(I hope you can read Unicode on your screen)

Edit: heh here's another idea... to be able to have multipul panels open (using Dockable Panels), so user can view languages in multipul lyrics at the same time

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #263
Hi there!

I have a very brief question. Is it me who can't configure the plugin properly, or it really can't display lyrics that are saved as .lrc files in the song's folder (and displays only lyrics which are found in the id3 tag of the song).

If I am wrong in my assumption, please tell me how to configure the plugin. If I am right, it may be a good idea to add this functionality in the future.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Otherwise the plugin is really cool.

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #264

Maybe that helps.

mouse wheel scrolling doesn´t work here 
any ideas?

Neither my (using panels ui) :/
Press any key...... no, No, NO! Not THAT one!

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #265
I've just discovered that foo_uie_lyrics does not work with foo_input_mslive (see this post).

Can anyone confirm that this is a bug in foo_uie_lyrics? I've looked at the settings but can't see that there is anything I can do to avoid the problem. For now, I've removed foo_uie_lyrics and use foo_lyricsdb instead.

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #266
where does the lyrics being downloaded from ? Is there a specific web because i was wondering is there anyway for me to addin the lyrics.

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #267
Feature request:

Could you allow files other than those with lrc extensions to be displayed?

Maybe if the file names generated in the lyric files name panel have an extension do not append the ".lrc" to them.

Handy for displaying text about artist, albums etc. which could be in txt, dat or other files.

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #268
Hi, having some scrolling problems here too, using PanelsUI :/

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #269
This is the buggiest plugin I've ever downloaded.  It doesn't find appropriately named lyrics when you save them to the proper subdirectory, and even if it does find them, it fails to embed them half the time.  Half of the options don't work right for me.

Using the latest version of the plugin and the latest foobar.

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #270
I'm a bit confussed...

Is everyone here using the 0.35 version of foo_uie_lyrics_panel? Cause that one works great for me, but I see people meantioning a foo_lyrics_panel. Which I have tried, and it sucks. So why doesn't everyone just use the other one?

Its better anyways lol. And it works.
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #271
Is everyone here using the 0.35 version of foo_uie_lyrics_panel? Cause that one works great for me
Could you plz post a link to the version 0.35 ? cause I'm using v 0.34.1 and can't find a more recent one.
thx

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #273
kabuki, where did you get v0.34.1?
from here
@n0obie4life, I was mentioning foo_uie_lyrics_panel, and not foo_uie_lyrics, that is not the same, but if you want to try you can go there.
If someone found the 0.35 (does it exist?), i would be grateful for a link. thx

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #274
0.35 has a lyrics editor included that can timestamp lyrics. The download link for it was up a while ago for a little while, but then taken down. The time stamp maker was kinda iffy, and wouldn't save the lyrics to the file (you had to copy/paste them into the lyrics files yourself ). Just play around with it, and you'll figure everything out.

Anyway, I'll put the file up in a download, if I am aloud? I'm not sure about the rules on hosting other peoples files. If a mod/admin sees fit to remove the link, please do so .

http://www.savefile.com/files/726954
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html