Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tags not showing up in Foobar2K. (Read 1825 times) previous topic - next topic

Tags not showing up in Foobar2K.

They show up in MusicBrainz.

They show up in MediaMonkey.

And they show up in Explorer.

But they won't show in Foobar2000.

Whysat???

Reply #1
Won't show up in fb2k where?
What's shown in the Properties, tab Properties, of one of the files? (You can select all the lines and paste them here.)
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #2
Originally there was nothing, but then I re-added it all to my library and it is showing.

*feels dumb*

But for future reference, what type of tags does Foobar use when editing the file properties tab?

EDIT: Does Foobar support M4A? Cus I think the files I saw in Explorer that weren't in Foobar may have been some weird form of M4A files. When I add folders, certain files don't show up. But when I add all the files in a folder, it will show M4A under the codec but a question mark under the bitrate.

Reply #3
what type of tags does Foobar use when editing the file properties tab?

mp3 ?... read here: http://www.foobar2000.org/FAQ#tagging_files

Does Foobar support M4A?

Yes, basically m4a = mp4, and mp4 is definitely supported. Do these files play? If not, are they possibly ALAC (apple lossless) format? If so, you need the ALAC decoder component.

Reply #4
I have the decoder but it will says "corrupted file or unsupported format."

DRM perhaps?

Reply #5
Did you get these M4As from iTunes? If so, most likely.