Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ogg Vorbis format: Frames/Second? (Read 3413 times) previous topic - next topic

Ogg Vorbis format: Frames/Second?

We are improving a small program for direct-cut of Ogg Vorbis files, and we want to have frame precision. Anyone know it?
Thanks. 

Reply #1
We are improving a small program for direct-cut of Ogg Vorbis files, and we want to have frame precision.

Frame precision? What's wrong with sample-precision? See vcut (in the standard distribution).
Anyone know it?

What, the frame size? It isn't a constant.
Thanks. 

You're welcome.

Reply #2
What's wrong with sample-precision?

Nothing. You're right, maybe I'm thinking in terms of video files, searching a "good point" for cut the file. I don't know if one cut here or there could generate a corrupted-problematic file.
And sample precision would be "too much precision" for what I want: 0.01 second or so. Is there any problem if we use this decimal division of the time? Suggestions are welcome. 
What, the frame size?

No. How many time is played one frame.
Thanks again.

Reply #3
Doubts already solved. Thanks.