Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Java Ogg Vorb Encoder and ogg Vorb file concat (Read 8184 times) previous topic - next topic

Java Ogg Vorb Encoder and ogg Vorb file concat

Gang,

I am pretty much new to Sound stuff. I have been hunting and going through lot of materials for past one week. I am in the process of learning lot of basic and fundas relating to sound and DSP. I am kind of interested in knowing more about it. On the otherside i am doing a feasibility study for recording voice to a particular format (specifically Ogg Vorbis) on the fly from a telephone line or a mic. I have figured out the kind of feasibility (available apis + products and have few code to test) to play, stream Ogg Vorbis files. I am basically a Java Developer and don't have much experience with other programming languages, but can very well understand C and C++.
1. Is there any java based api's to capture audio and save it directly to Ogg Vobris format.
2. If i have many chunks of OGG Vorbis files, how can i join them and play them as a single file.

For Question 2
=========
I saw in some mail threads that:
cat file1.ogg file2.ogg > file3.log
Would do. When i played file3.ogg in Audacity it plays till file1.ogg the second piece file2.ogg audio is not played. file3.ogg size = (file1.ogg + file2.ogg) size
In the first place i don't understand how it is supposed to work.

I am looking of Java API's or writing new one's if it is not available. I am new to Java Sound and JMF.
But i have been going through lot of resources in Jresources and tritonous
I looked at lot of stuff in jcraft and Jzoom.

Can someone let me know what i am missing?
Good links and pointers are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vijay Venkataraman

Java Ogg Vorb Encoder and ogg Vorb file concat

Reply #2
Yes encoding support is not available. I am verifying, if any body could atleast get me started with the encoding effort. What are the thing i should know to get stated on with the encoding work. I am not sure, why no one has come up with the encoding part of it.

Is there any limitations?

Thanks,
Vijay Venkataraman