Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: The Godfather (Read 2877 times) previous topic - next topic

The Godfather

I came across this application and thought it looked great. Very powerful and user friendly. http://users.otenet.gr/~jtcliper/tgf/  However, it gets no press at Hydrogen Audio. Is something wrong with it? Does it have Spyware associated wit it? Before I install this application, I want make sure it is HA approved.

The Godfather

Reply #1
I use this program, I swear it is like the best thing I have ever used but I wish it supported unicode  Other than that it is awesome

The Godfather

Reply #2
I came across this application and thought it looked great. Very powerful and user friendly. http://users.otenet.gr/~jtcliper/tgf/  However, it gets no press at Hydrogen Audio. Is something wrong with it? Does it have Spyware associated wit it? Before I install this application, I want make sure it is HA approved.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304471"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, it doesn't have any spyware included - I swear ! - But your "news" are certainly an "old hat". Me (and a lot of others here also for sure) know "TGF" at least for 2 years now.
My used codecs and settings:
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5

The Godfather

Reply #3
I did not mean to portray it as "new" - just new to me and I wondered why it never gets mentioned here. The 2 reviews provided are very encouraging!

The Godfather

Reply #4
I did not mean to portray it as "new" - just new to me and I wondered why it never gets mentioned here. The 2 reviews provided are very encouraging!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304479"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I used it for quite a while until I switched to JRiver's Media Center.  I remember some threads here about it.  The developer posts on HA regularly.
flac>fb2k>kernel streaming>audiophile 2496>magni>dt990 pro

The Godfather

Reply #5
Uhm, the online documentation here says it doesn't tag mp4 and aac files.

The Godfather doesn't:

* Tag and rename wma, mp4 or aac files(including iTunes file)
    * Sort out videos. If you can find out something that does this, contact me
    * Appear easy to use the first time you see it
    * Do you a favour on this, the day of my daughter's wedding

Just pointing it out.  I havent tried it myself.
WavPack 4.31 / LAME 3.98 alpha 3 -V9 -vbr-new

The Godfather

Reply #6
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304479"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't agree, TGF has already been mentioned several times on this board throughout the years. And, as indybrett wrote, the author posts here regularly too (username jtclipper).
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

The Godfather

Reply #7
Uhm, the online documentation here says it doesn't tag mp4 and aac files.

The documentation must be outdated. This is the official list of supported formats as far as I'm aware:

mp3/ogg/mpc/ape/flac/aac/apl/wv/mp4/ofr/spx

Personally I settled on Tag&Rename because it's straight forward, easy to use, and to be honest is what I got comfortably used to first. I would hazard that TheGodfather is probably the best tagger out there though imho, and would probably switch to it if I found the need. It's also very well supported, and back when I was playing with it jtclipper seemed very open to suggestions from users on making it even better.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021