Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Final Destination"-build of "Mp3tag" (Read 3345 times) previous topic - next topic

"Final Destination"-build of "Mp3tag"

Do you remember? - Last week we landed with our starship on The Planet of the APEs. We were slaved by them at once, and I only want to say, that they were not very kind to us. But finally we managed to get rid of them and fleed back on our starship "Enterprise". So we could continue our travel thru the endless widens of (cyber-)space .... Our navigation-commander Mr. Spock (excellent actor: Florian H.) typed in the new target-coordinates in our board-computer and speeded up our starship to warp 9. We were flying thru several worm-holes and finally met a planet with the strange name FLAC. There we discovered the native population with only a few representatives. They name themselves WavPac, and we decided to set them under native protection, because otherwise it could happen, that they become extinct.
BTW: You can download the latest episode of our crew´s adventures for free from our highspeed cyberspace-transfer-server
Mp3tag - The legend continues....

Signed....
Commander Captain Kirk (alias -R.A.F.-)

Changelog:
a ) Support of FLAC
b ) Support of WavPack
c ) All kinds of TAG-variations are now read and listed (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv1, APEv2)
d ) ID3v2-Tags are now listed and can be removed optional (important with APE, MPC and WavPack)
My used codecs and settings:
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5

Reply #1
1. Learn to spell WavPack correctly. [span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'][topic title edited][/span]
2. Do we need news about this Mp3tag thing every week ? I don't think so.
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'][thread moved from news submissions to general][/span]

Reply #2
to subject 1.) I already did.
to subject 2.) Accepted. I also was not sure about it. Besides, there is no "we" I think. 
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5

Reply #3
to subject 1.) I already did.

They name themselves WavPac...

No, no, still not...

Reply #4

I use it. So I am glad to hear about its updates 

Reply #5

I use it. So I am glad to hear about its updates 

.. but we don't really need another portal news item about it every week (this got moved from news submissions). Nothing wrong with new topic in general or bumping old news topic.

Reply #6
.. but we don't really need another portal news item about it every week (this got moved from news submissions). Nothing wrong with new topic in general or bumping old news topic.

Ever heard something about the "summerhole" (yessss, it´s still summer) in news-biz, zZzZzZz ? (before you correct me: maybe a "z" is missing now, i´m sorry for that). It (the hole) also exists at HA. One other member already noticed that, and even wrote a (maybe also unnecessary) thread about it (I try to find it, if you care). And I just tried to fill it up a little - the worm- eeeehhh.... summer-hole here. 
So.... don´t worry, try to laugh, and don´t take all so serious.
Edit:
And.... strange.... already 187 ppl (ok, - 10 times me) have read this thread. For such an uninteresting news quite much, don´t you think? Believe me: There IS a summer-hole here!
Edit 2:
I just had to notice: You missed my test, zZzZzZ, ´cause you didn´t find all "WavPaC"-errors in my text. But I don´t want to be unfair and correct it by myself. I give you a second chance. Just go back to "Start" and try it again. - Sllllooooowwww now. - Got it?! - Corrected it?! - Good boy !

Reply #8
@ R.A.F.
1. I think your software "may" be taken more seriously if you didn't post it in an off the wall manner.
2. I realise you're trying to show a fun side, however your posting style (in this topic) is too much trouble to bother reading.

Reply #9
Okay, I will not go on with this "style" of postings, because HA is and shall be a serious forum. I know. BTW: I already decided to do so, before I read your post now. So, there will be a next, after all alphas, final release announcement here (not under Validated News), and maybe also not from me) with all necessary translations into other languages in the next time. And I think then all important improvements have been done to this program. It´s already a 98 % product (a few weeks ago it was only 90 %), and now there´s not much left to improve anymore (But of course that´s *my* personal opinion only). And a last thing: This is not "my software". I have nothing to do with the programming of this tagging-program. I only gave some hints - nothing more. So the honour only belongs to the author, Florian Heidenreich, and in no way to me.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021