Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Stream bluetooth to pair of BT speakers? Dell prec 5520, win10, LMP 8.602/4.2 (Read 1867 times) previous topic - next topic

Stream bluetooth to pair of BT speakers? Dell prec 5520, win10, LMP 8.602/4.2

Just for listening in the garage, etc.  Stream to two separate bluetooth enabled speakers.  Any old brand.

Is there a simple way?  Via Dell's audio settings?  Dell's bluetooth settings (i've spent some hours here already).  Via 3rd party Foobar, Jrivers, Winamp, etc GUI?

Is it simply given that bluetooth std 4.2 will not stream to multiple devices? Must be 5.0? That seems immutable,  but
the internet offers many dozens of links that seem to offer workarounds.  But the instructions always
dead end for me at some point were they don't match reality with my particular GUI. 

Bluetooth 5.0 USB adapter/dongle?  Bluetooth Hub?   Or just quit screwing around with the cheap speakers and spring for some pairable out-of-the-box stereo bluetooth speakers?    But I'd really like the option of using any of the dozen of so collected junk speakers hanging around already:)

I'm not even shooting for stereo, though it would be nice.

Re: Stream bluetooth to pair of BT speakers? Dell prec 5520, win10, LMP 8.602/4.2

Reply #1
Looking at products like this: https://avantree.com/oasis-b-bluetooth-transmitter-receiver
It can stream to 2 headphones at the same time.
A simple solution but limited to optical and analog input.

On the PC you can try to connect both BT speakers.
I expect this to work, I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t be able to have more than 1 audio device paired.
The problem is the output. As far as I know, Windows can output audio to 1 and only 1 device.
Likewise most media players support 1 output only.
Maybe this one can solve this problem as it looks like it support multiple outputs as well
https://vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm
TheWellTemperedComputer.com