Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Made a mess with iTunes - need help (Read 381 times) previous topic - next topic

Made a mess with iTunes - need help

I had about 800 old CDs ripped from MP3 to WavPack

Over the past 6 months I have bought about 100 CDs more and I decided to rip them to MP3 and WavPack as well.

After completing the rip, I had 2 folders: G:\MP3 and G:\WV. These folders had my old and new files sorted as \Artist\Album\Song.

I tried adding the new music to my existing library but iTunes made a lot of play lists for all the new CDs and that was a mess. So I decided to start from scratch. I decided to clear my library and add then add the G:\MP3 folder to my library hopefully giving me a new library with the MP3 files from all 900 CDs (both OLD and NEW).

When I was deleting the files iTunes asked if I want to delete the files from my library. I assumed it meant the iTunes library and not my hard disk. So I said Yes assuming it would delete the files from the just the library.

Now I have lost not only my new MP3 files but also my old ones. I however still have the WavPack files. I managed to recover some of the MP3 files from the Recycle bin.

Is there a way to batch convert about 500 CDs worth WavPack files to MP3 files (VBR 256 is what I was using)?

Re: Made a mess with iTunes - need help

Reply #1
You may want to try a file recovery program before you overwrite the area on the hard drive. I've had success using Recuva.
korth

Re: Made a mess with iTunes - need help

Reply #2
You may want to try a file recovery program before you overwrite the area on the hard drive. I've had success using Recuva.

Thanks let me try.

I have one solution. I had made a copy in 2016 for my wife's PC at home so I will have a copy of all the older (800) CDs at home on her PC's external hard drive. It will only be the new CDs that I will need to recover.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021