Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to make CUETools close itself after the job done in command-line mode (Read 1406 times) previous topic - next topic

How to make CUETools close itself after the job done in command-line mode

I'd like to do a batch process to convert cue+flac of my CD backups to MP3. I have some special need to change to different output path format and track format.

So I wrote a Python program to analyze each cue+flac set and then generate a cuetools convert profile accordingly and then call the cuetools by command-line. The program is correct but now the only issue is:

when call-up cuetools from command-line, it opens a new windows and show the progress, after it is finished and shown as "Done" but the window won't close itself which prevented from my program to continue. I have to click and close the window manually and then it can return to the windows cmd and my program continues to proceed with next cue+flac.

This is definitely not a satisfied automatic batch solution for me, all I need is to find a way to make sure the cuetool window can be closed automatically when it is done converting.

It will be high appreciated if any kind of help can be given.

Re: How to make CUETools close itself after the job done in command-line mode

Reply #1
The command-line switches for CUETools weren't intended for use in batch files (they were intended for use in the "send to" menu) and will not close automatically when complete.
You might work around that by forcing the process to end but you need to be careful not to force it to end before complete.
korth

Re: How to make CUETools close itself after the job done in command-line mode

Reply #2
Thanks for the great idea.
Yes, I changed my way in python to call the windows command to open a subprocess, now it works perfectly.  It will wait for 15 seconds and open another cuetool convert session... The only backwards is that I will have many many cuetool sessions on my desktop :-) Anyway, I can just leave it as is and come back late to close them all.

Thanks again. I love Cuetool so much, it helped to analyze thousands of my CD collection and learn a lot of interesting info behind different versions of the same album.