Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: wine + burrrn 1.14b + cdtext issue (Read 1270 times) previous topic - next topic

wine + burrrn 1.14b + cdtext issue

burrn & cdtext worked fine for me on my old setup (linux mint 17.3 64bit, wine 1.9.0 32bit & frogaspi). in the settings i only checked cdtext, both spti and raw were not set. wine settings is default win xp.

now i switched to linux mint 18 and wine 1.9.13, kept my old wine prefix. everything works fine so far, except that i can not burrrn with cdtext anymore.

error message box: 'pe' is not a valid integer value (hit ok)

ERROR: Cannot set write parameters mode page.
ERROR: Cannot setup write parameters for session-at-once mode.
ERROR: Please try to use the 'generic-mmc-raw' driver.
ERROR: Writing failed.

when i enable cdtext & raw, burning also fails with an error.

maybe you can help me.

what is causing this weird issue and how to solve it?

Re: wine + burrrn 1.14b + cdtext issue

Reply #1
There are radical changes in opensource software [esp linux ecosystem] that often brings regression or  'lack of consistency' between versions. You may want to install the previous wine version that worked [or later] although there might be something else is wrong.

You can also check appdb.