Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CueRipper Question (Read 2974 times) previous topic - next topic

CueRipper Question

I have decided to convert my CDs to M4A files for iTunes/iPhone. I have always used CueRipper since I love the fact that it embeds Album Art. So here is my issue. I first got qaac.exe (it's in the dropdown but I guess the encoder does not come prepackaged with cuetools) and started on my first cd. For some reason it will not encode. I have attached a screenshot of what happens.

Settings

I have searched to see if I can find the answer but I am not having any luck. So I turn to the community. What do I need to do? TIA

BTW I have used the lossless M4A setting but then you have 45mb files since it's lossless, so then I have to take the extra step of converting them with freac. So I would rather just eliminate the double work.

CueRipper Question

Reply #1
Possibly dumb question, but is QuickTime installed? QAAC requires the QuickTime libraries.

CueRipper Question

Reply #2
Great question and yes. I thought of that as well and installed it but still had the same results.

CueRipper Question

Reply #3
I have QuickTime libs installed via CopyTrans Manager (iTunes alternative; its installer takes care of getting the necessary files if you don't have iTunes installed).

I tried with (32-bit) qaac.exe 2.08 which I already had, and then 2.49 from https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/cabinet ... no problems with either one. I just put qaac.exe in my CUETools folder and it just worked.

*shrug*

CueRipper Question

Reply #4
On the command line setting of CUETools, add --log option like this:
Code: [Select]
-s -V %M -q 2 - -o %O --log %O.txt

By this setting, qaac will output error messages to a log file. See what's written.