Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CTDB (Read 2310 times) previous topic - next topic

CTDB

Hello,
I have burned and ripped a cdrw with eac 1.0 b4 (and wanted comparing the result with the original to be sure that the the process is correct) and cuetools plugin enabled.
Unfortunately it does not work properly, but when ripping it has submitted the result to the cuetools database. So I want to remove this wrong submission for a one and only entry with a new cdtb id again. Is this possible anyhow?
Regards Michael

CTDB

Reply #1
Users can't edit the database.
korth

CTDB

Reply #2
I don't know that much about CTDB, but perhaps you could explain why it matters that there is an extraneous entry in the database?

CTDB

Reply #3
The verification record doesn't matter. A recovery record submitted would only be a problem if a user doesn't understand the risks of doing a repair when the confidence is (1/x).

Edit: The plugin issue still exists so this instance of a recovery record submission in error wouldn't be unique.
korth

CTDB

Reply #5
I remember him saying that some would be deleted after a period of time under certain conditions (they wouldn't be deleted if confirmation submissions were made or if no higher confidence rips existed). I'll try to find the reference.

Edit: Sorry no reference. It was in a PM.
korth

CTDB

Reply #6
Overall, it's ok to have some amount of uncorroborated garbage in the database. Especially in this case, because this entry had a different TOC, so wasn't interfering with verification of normal versions of this CD. I sometimes run scripts to clean up stuff like that, just to reduce disk usage. If it makes people sleep better, i just removed the entry in question
CUETools 2.1.6

CTDB

Reply #7
yes, i will sleep better now :-) thank you.