Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAGS DCP, 2x under every track in cue file (Read 3490 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAGS DCP, 2x under every track in cue file

Hi everyone.
I ripped one of my favorite albums in a wav + cue lossless image with cueripper from cuetools.
When i checked the cue afterwards to inspect it (converted it to a txt file) under each song it says FLAGS DCP i know thats not bad or no problem at all but the strange thing is under each song it says FLAGS DCP 2 times so to give an example like this in the cue file.

17 track number
FLAGS DCP
FLAGS DCP

and then the next track and then the same thing the whole album all the tracks the same like that.
FLAGS DCP double under every song.
Is this normal or should i be worried ?
I dont want to edit the cue file or anything keep it untouched.
Is it an error in the build process of the cue or is this normal ?
I dont want to rip the cd again only if i really have to but if you professionals say it doesnt matther and its still a bit for bit perfect copy of my album then im not worried like i am now.
Hope someone can shed a light on this.
Thanks in advance.

Reply #1
Can someone please help me ?
Is this normal or does it not matther ?
Or can i maybe re rip only the cue file and whats the best way to do that?
Or when i burn the image will it just ignore the second lines of FLAGS DCP?
Or is it because i first tested and then copied the disc that it is 2 times in the cue file on every track ?

Reply #2
I can't imagine why "FLAGS DCP" would show up twice, but I doubt it would hurt anything either.  Does anyone or anything care whether "Digital Copy Permitted" is set or not?

Reply #3
Is it an error in the build process of the cue?

It could be a unique problem with that CD. Do you have more than one CD where this happens with CUERipper?

Is this normal or does it not matther ?

The second "FLAGS DCP" shouldn't be there. From the CDRWin user manual[blockquote]Restrictions
[blockquote]The FLAGS command must appear after a TRACK command, but before any INDEX commands. Only one FLAGS command is allowed per track.[/blockquote][/blockquote]You can also find the text here: http://digitalx.org/cue-sheet/syntax/#flags

I checked my last 167 rips made with CUERipper 2.1.4 or 2.1.5 and only found 4 rips with "FLAGS DCP". Out of those, none had it twice per track as you describe. None were ripped with 'Test & Copy'.

Or can i maybe re rip only the cue file and whats the best way to do that?

I'd just edit the CUE. You can keep the original untouched plus the edited copy if you wish.

Or when i burn the image will it just ignore the second lines of FLAGS DCP?

Some burn software may, some may not. Why don't you try a 'burn test' with your software and see? Test mode shouldn't actually burn anything, just test the process.

Or is it because i first tested and then copied the disc that it is 2 times in the cue file on every track ?

Why don't you re-rip without T&C checked and find out? Keep your original rip and rip a second copy (which you can delete later). I'll get around to checking for this but it may take weeks before I dig out one of those CDs to re-rip or come across another one to test.
korth

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021