Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sorting bei Genre in Playlist of Colums UI? (Read 1454 times) previous topic - next topic

Sorting bei Genre in Playlist of Colums UI?

Hi there,

it´s nice to be here and I hope of getting help by an issue of sorting playlists in Colums UI. It is possible to sort every Column by it´s tag (Title, Album, Date, Length etc. etc.) clicking on the Tag Field - except Genre... Is this a bug? Thank You for Your support :-)

Best

Saitenschwinger

Re: Sorting bei Genre in Playlist of Colums UI?

Reply #1
Genre isn't there by default (which I hadn't noticed before because I almost never use the genre tags).

Right-click on one of the existing column headers and click "Preferences" in the dropdown menu.
Preferences should open to the Columns UI page for "Columns".
Click "New" below the column list.
In the "Title " box beside the list (on the ""Options" tab), enter "Genre" (without the quotes)
In "Linked Meta Field" enter "%GENRE%" (without the quotes)
Switch to the "Display Script" tab
In the (only) box (on that tab), enter "%genre%" (without the quotes)
Hit "Apply"
You should now have a "genre" column.

Cheers,
d.

Reply #2
Hi,

thank you for your help. But my question was not how to generate a new (genre) column, my question is, why it does not function to sort by gerne like in other colums. I already have a genre column. Because dex Otaku do not use genre-Tags, can somebody else help?

Thank You

Reply #3
Nobody??? :-[

Reply #4
Read this thread's 8 replies, it explains how to sort by clicking the column header, and default sorting orders in CUI. The only thing it doesn't cover is grouping, which is another option
Neither an audiophile, nor album snob. Why do ratings threads always have someone saying they don't believe in rating music?
Record Label Icons: 600x600 pngs appropriate for any color background:
freeimage.host/johnbuck/?list=images&sort=name_asc&page=1

Reply #5
Hello JohnBuckWLD,

thank you for your answer. That was not my question (see above), but I just noticed that it has been resolved. In the meantime it works error free. Probably it was a bug that was fixed with an update without me noticing it.

But thanks again :-)