Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to update files paths? (Read 582 times) previous topic - next topic

How to update files paths?

Hi, i'm using that script for few years and it worked perfectly, but today i met strange bug. I've migrated from windows to linux and i'm using foobar under wine, foobar is great and i don't want to use something else. Foobar works great under that configuration, but my ratings are totally messed! Number of rated files hasn't changed, but files are random, so list is completely worthless now. Fortunately i saved old playlist and rates there are fine, but of course file paths are different now. Rating files again is not an option because it was 2 years of work, so it's a lot of files. I thought that rates are saved directly in file, so changing system (and paths) won't affect them, but apparently i was wrong.

What kind of recovery is possible?

1. Updating paths so old playlist works again.
2. Moving old rates from old playlist (but that would mean that .fpl file is storing rates).
3. Reading somehow again rates from files, maybe it's untouched in files, only foobar is loading them in wrong way.
4. ...(any other idea).

I'm starting to create script which will change paths in old .fpl file but since i'm not a programmer this probably will take a lot of time (well, still less then 2 years, at least i hope so) although i will learn something new. If anyone has any idea how my problem can be resolved please help.

If something is unclear or i made some grammar mistakes feel free to ask and/or correct me, English is not my native language and i'm still learning it.