Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem with EAC and IDE drives (Read 14315 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem with EAC and IDE drives

Reply #25
Well, to add - I have Windows 7 with all the patches, Gigabyte P35-DS3L set to AHCI mode, and today I installed Plextor PX-716A. I had before all SATA drives, including DVD burner, SATA controller set to AHCI. And then, EAC test, stuttering of mouse, CPU went to 50% (dual core). Checked IDE mode - set to UDMA4. dBPowerAmp working flawlessly. So I changed read command to MMC1 as suggested, and it works. Thank you all.

The IDE controller on that Mobo is the JMicron 368. The problem is that the default driver that Microsoft has for this controller is bad. To fix the the problem simply update the driver from the JMicron site:

ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/jmb36x/XP_Vista_Win7/

Get the latest version: JMB36X_WinDrv_R1.17.55_WHQL.zip

Install. Reboot. And the stuttering will be gone.