Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Locking threads after XXdays of inactivity? (Read 5454 times) previous topic - next topic

Locking threads after XXdays of inactivity?

Just wondering if there has been any discussion of automatically locking threads that haven't had any activity after say 60days?

Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Re: Locking threads after XXdays of inactivity?

Reply #1
Just wondering if there has been any discussion of automatically locking threads that haven't had any activity after say 60days?
Why, what's so special about 60 days, or any defined period? Personally, I say leave threads open forever. After all,  one never knows when some new pertinent information might come up.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #2
I think the 60 days i suggested was way too short , i think a year of inactivity would be better.

If there was new pertinent information a new discussion thread would be better wouldn't it?

Reply #3
No. Then people would have to be referred back to the "we've been here before" thread.
The most important audio cables are the ones in the brain

Reply #4
All righty, I'll take this as a bad idea.

A mod can bin this if they want.

Reply #5
Some forums have a note (in red text) that pops up in old threads, reminding a poster that it's an old thread.
Kevin Graf :: aka Speedskater

Reply #6
I suppose there are threads and threads. It can be useful to be warned that one is about to answer a specific question asked by someone who has not even visited a site for months or years.
The most important audio cables are the ones in the brain

Reply #7
Some forums have a note (in red text) that pops up in old threads, reminding a poster that it's an old thread.
Such as this one, if a topic has not been posted in for more than 120 days.