Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559479 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7502
Whoops – should be fixed now, thanks.

Reply #7503
its working now :-)

It is an ease to get informed by f2k now, when you offer an update for your great component! very pleasant!
Hooray to the new f2k feature!

I have two questions regarding album artwork column:

1)
When enabling the artwork, its the first column in the playlist.
It seems, placing/moving the artwork column is not possible, or is it?
How can I move it to the last column at the right of my playlist?

2)
My grouping is
Code: [Select]
[%DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID%][ %ALBUM ARTIST%][ - %ALBUM%][ '('%DATE%')']
It looks like this (screenshot) and I'd like to not have the DiscoGS-Release-ID shown, but grouping by it is important for me.

Is there a way to not show the result of [%DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID%] in the artwork column without removing it?
(Maybe by adding a new field to the edit group configuration, which would allow the users to set up an invisible formatting string only for the grouping AND a second formatting string which is visible and will be shown in the playlist? dunno if this is not to confusing, it is just somehow inconvenient to have the Discogs-ID shown, when the ID should only be used for grouping)

Reply #7504
I would like to know if it is possible to change the turquoise blue background color that illuminates a button when pressed.
Use Column Ui and toolbar buttons configured with FLAT appearance
Dunno, if this is working in your coloured setup, but you can set the Appearance to NORMAL.  (Screenshot: Options - Buttons)
It is working here. When I hover over a button, no colour is changing.

I have tried to set another colour for the FLAT mode in the settings, but didn't had luck. It was always the same blue as in your screenshot.... dunno, if it is simply not possible or if I missed something. Maybe I was at the wrong place... (Screenshot Preferences_ Colours and fonts). I had set the Mode to Custom and changed the Background colours.

Reply #7505
does CUI allow to inline edit multivalue-fields (separated with ; semicolon) ?
Sorry, indeed it doesn't. Also, in advanced preferences, there's a setting containing a list of fields where multiple values are allowed in the standard properties dialog. I'm not sure I have access to that list (though, Item properties splits on semicolons in all fields...)
Ok, thanks.
The problem is not the splitting with ;
The problem is that only the first value is shown in the column, when in edit-mode.
So when I have Artist1;Artist2:Artist3 in %Artist%-tag only Artist1 is shown in the %Artist%-column.

Reply #7506
Thanks for v1.3.0-beta.1!  Upgrade from 0.5 went well except one thing...

NG Playlist is now the only playlist type. When there were two types, it was possible to enable groups only for NG playlists:

Display > ColumnsUI > Playlist view > Grouping tab > Show groups checkbox

This allowed selective use of groups for my playlists by picking either of the two types. So is there a way to do this trick anymore? Can groups be enabled per playlist to avoid going into settings every time?

Reply #7507
Ok, thanks.
The problem is that only the first value is shown in the column, when in edit-mode.
So when I have Artist1;Artist2:Artist3 in %Artist%-tag only Artist1 is shown in the %Artist%-column.
Is this with 1.3.0 beta 1? It should be working there.

This allowed selective use of groups for my playlists by picking either of the two types. So is there a way to do this trick anymore? Can groups be enabled per playlist to avoid going into settings every time?
There are some alternatives:

- you could configure the playlist filters when editing a group (these support asterisks as wildcards so you could match on e.g. a prefix)
- you could assign the 'View/Playlist view/Show groups' main menu item to a button

Reply #7508
What do you mean by "doesn't work" and what do you expect it to do?
i have 2 buttons image  black and blue, and nothing happening when i pressed the button or moved cursor on it
It works for me (but it does misbehave if the images aren't all the same size). If you export the buttons with embedded images ('Tools/Save to file (embed images)...' in options dialog) I could try the same configuration here.

Also, check the console, as if there were errors loading the image they will probably be there.

Reply #7509
Ok, thanks.
Is this with 1.3.0 beta 1? It should be working there.
Ah, darn, no, excuse me, my fault.
its working with 1.3.0b1. I just wrote it because I didn't realized, it was fixed...
Had a hard time to find the changelog.... you could add the link to the f2k components page, that would make it easy for users to quickly find the changes which are made.
Sorry for wasting time.

Btw:
was something changed to the "locking" of panels? It seems to me, that there are not differences if a panel is locked or not. I can move it independently of the lock-state.
See animated gif please.
I expect the panels which are locked, not to move, or to be moved by other panels.
IIRC, it was not possible to move them in earlier versions of CUI. The thing (which I don't know how to name) which you need to grasp with the mouse, was not possible to grasp when the panel was locked.

EDIT:
I had [ x ] allow resizing of locked panels activated. for whatever reason.
Question: What is the difference between unlocked panels and this option?
I obviously don't understand how to use this option correctly....

Reply #7510
Hi,

f2k 1.5 and CUI  1.3.0.b1

The windows7 popup notification balloons and the tooltip (when hovering over the f2k icon in the systray) show different infos.
The tooltip info is cropped. See screenshots.

Code: [Select]
[Title: %title%$crlf()]
[Artist: %artist%$crlf()]
[Album: %album%$crlf()]
[Date: %date%$crlf()]
$puts(R,$meta(rating))$puts(S,$pad($repeat(★,$get(R)),5,✩))$if($get(R),$ifequal($get(R),0,SkipTrack,$get(S)),$get(S))$crlf()
z###############x

Reply #7511
Hi, I would like make a request if possible :D
1) For scrollbar, it would be nice to add options like auto, show and hide.
2) Is it possible to remove default left margin in playlist view when artwork is not displayed in groups?

Reply #7512
f2k 1.5 and CUI  1.3.0.rc1

Hello musicmusic,

I'm using the artwork view panel. See screenshot for my config.

When copying a file "front.jpg" into the folder of the currently playing file, front.jpg is shown instead of the embedded cover.

Why is that?  (Bug or feature?)

P.S.
I expect, with  "Embedded Artwork" only embedded artwork is shown"
I expect too, with  "Embedded and external Artwork" first embedded, then external artwork is shown (i.e. if not artwork is embedded).

Both expectations are not fulfilled :-D Maybe I'm expecting something wrong?

Reply #7513
A feature request:
can we have a COPY/PASTE option for the columns list?

That would be very convenient. Now, I'd like to add another column "title", with just a slight change, but I have to copy all the attributes to a new column instead of removing a single attribut from a copied column.

Reply #7514
f2k 1.5 and CUI  1.3.0.rc1

Hello musicmusic,

I'm using the artwork view panel. See screenshot for my config.

When copying a file "front.jpg" into the folder of the currently playing file, front.jpg is shown instead of the embedded cover.

Why is that?  (Bug or feature?)

P.S.
I expect too, with  "Embedded and external Artwork" first embedded, then external artwork is shown (i.e. if not artwork is embedded).

Both expectations are not fulfilled :-D Maybe I'm expecting something wrong?

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Public/Captura.JPG?role=personal

Reply #7515
I had [ x ] allow resizing of locked panels activated. for whatever reason.
Question: What is the difference between unlocked panels and this option?
I obviously don't understand how to use this option correctly....
With that option enabled, you can manually resize locked panels, but they will not be automatically resized when you resize the main window.

The windows7 popup notification balloons and the tooltip (when hovering over the f2k icon in the systray) show different infos.
The tooltip info is cropped. See screenshots.
I'm afraid that Windows only allows up to approximately 127 characters for the tooltip. (The balloon tip has a longer limit of about 255 characters.)

First, Columns UI tries the sources configured in the top section. Then, it tries the built-in foobar2000 artwork reader (which has its own configuration on the Display preferences page) according to the option selected from that drop-down list.

So, the first list always has priority. This set-up is a bit convoluted and dates back some time. However, you can clear the top list and use only foobar2000's own settings. (There is a priority setting for that in advanced preferences which will let you control whether external or embedded sources are preferred.)

Reply #7516
any chance to add webp image-format to columns ui?

Reply #7517
Thanks for all the help!
First, Columns UI tries the sources configured in the top section. Then, it tries the built-in foobar2000 artwork reader (which has its own configuration on the Display preferences page) according to the option selected from that drop-down list.

So, the first list always has priority. This set-up is a bit convoluted and dates back some time. However, you can clear the top list and use only foobar2000's own settings. (There is a priority setting for that in advanced preferences which will let you control whether external or embedded sources are preferred.)
Screenshot shows my settings. Should prefer embedded images, but does not.

Album Art settings under Display prefs shows only images from disk settings and with my settings in the screenshot, I'll expect embedded images to be prefered.
So that might be a glitch in f2k itself, I'll try to remove all the configs and test with a fresh install with and without your component.
That way, I should see, where the confusion/problems sits....
Thanks again!

Reply #7518
Thanks for all the help!

Screenshot shows my settings. Should prefer embedded images, but does not.

Album Art settings under Display prefs shows only images from disk settings and with my settings in the screenshot, I'll expect embedded images to be prefered.
So that might be a glitch in f2k itself, I'll try to remove all the configs and test with a fresh install with and without your component.
That way, I should see, where the confusion/problems sits....
Thanks again!

In Preferences / Columns ui / Artwork try putting Front Cover cover.jpg or simply delete it

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Public/Captura2.JPG

Reply #7519
I would like to know if from the Esplaylist component I can know the active playlist (For example: %playlist%)

Reply #7521
yes, i read about a plugin pack which is avaiable for win10 in another thread, but i am not sure this will work out for wine?

also, foobar2000 needs some core support for webp in first place, as it seems.

Reply #7522
musicmusic, I don't know if the buttons-panel is a CUI- or DUI-thing.
I assigned a text-button with a ContextMenuItem-RunService-command (mp3directcut). Context-menu works, but the button does not.
see pics attached
CUI 1.3.0, f2k 1.5.1beta3

(edit other noted issue solved, text+pic removed -  due to old foo_lastfm_radio  :) )

Reply #7523
musicmusic, I don't know if the buttons-panel is a CUI- or DUI-thing.
I assigned a text-button with a ContextMenuItem-RunService-command (mp3directcut). Context-menu works, but the button does not.
Click on Change... and check what is selected under 'Item group' (it may be set to None).