Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Windows Media Player Plus! - Various enhancements for WMP (Read 310599 times) previous topic - next topic

Windows Media Player Plus! - Various enhancements for WMP

Reply #250
Is there anyway to run multiple instances of WMP?
I recently switch to 8.1 from 8.0 and now http://www.lukepaynesoftware.com/other/ no longer works.

Not that I know of. I definitely wouldn't recommend it, because when multiple instances write to the library database file at the same time, there's a high risk that the file gets corrupt. The proper way to do this is to run WMP on different user accounts (each with its own library), and to use Fast User Switching.

I found an interesting problem.
I tried to edit some tags with Tag Editor Plus, but it returned me this error code: c00d002b
Sometimes the changes was saved after that, sometimes not.
That happened yesterday, now i can't reproduce the situation.

Are you using the latest version of Windows Media Player Plus: version 2.8? On which version of WMP and Windows?

Do you also have the WMP Tag Plus plug-in installed? If so, which version?

The next time that these errors occur, please provide the error details (you can use the Copy to clipboard link on the error dialog).

Reply #251
I just wanted to thank you SO MUCH for the Add disc number option. 
I've been using your plugins for so long and I've never noticed it! This was my biggest annoyance with WMP since the vanilla multiple disc suport is so dumb that I had to separate my albums into Album CD1 and Album CD2 resulting in two entries with same artwork 
Now I am off to remove those dumb CD1/CD2 suffixes from album names!

May I ask what does that 500 songs limit mean? Is that 500 per album or something? I have more than 500 songs in total and it still works fine.

Reply #252
That limit applies to the number of songs shown in the current view of the library. So if the current view consists of more than 500 songs (e.g. when selecting the Music category), the disc numbers won't be shown. As long as you don't have a multi-disc album of more than 500 songs, you probably won't even notice this limit.

Reply #253
Ah. I use Album View so yeah that can't happen I guess 

Re: Windows Media Player Plus! - Various enhancements for WMP

Reply #254
Small feature request - Add an option to add the tag "CONDUCTOR" in the "Customize Navigation Pane" dialog box (which can be brought up by right clicking on the navigation pane) so I can see a list of conductors and search within and stuff like that. I hope this is possible

P.S. Thank you for all the work. This plug-in is freaking awesome!

Reply #255
Thank you for the feature request, but unfortunately, such a thing currently isn't possible. WMP doesn't provide any way for plug-ins to change the contents of the Navigation or Details pane.

Reply #256
Thanks for the quick reply!

Thank you for the feature request, but unfortunately, such a thing currently isn't possible. WMP doesn't provide any way for plug-ins to change the contents of the Navigation or Details pane.
Ah what a bummer
I have kinda found a solution though. I mean it is nowhere close to what I wanted but it works
In the "Music" view (like artist view, album view etc), typing conductor:NAME (replace NAME with the conductor's name) shows all the titles/songs/compositions of that conductor. It is not a "clean" or "smooth" (lol) process but it works. Do tell me if you know something better

Reply #257
So I have another request.
Is it possible to increase the amount of information provided under "Play" tab (Play-Burn-Sync) for the currently playing item (see attached file) ?
Currently it only displays title, rating, album and album artist. It would be great if more info can be displayed there

Reply #258
That's not possible either unfortunately. WMP is very limited in what it allows plug-ins to do.

Reply #259
I've just installed W10 and the Disc option I mentioned no longer works. Any ideas? :(
EDIT: Nvm I had to re-add the library. STUPID WMP!

Reply #260
I don't know if this problem even pertains to this plug-in, but I'll ask anyway

So lately, rating songs in WMP are not being reflected back to the original file in windows explorer. I tried "Tools > Apply media information changes" but it is still not working. Also, full access is given in properties.

Can anyone help me out here ? How do I fix this ?

Reply #261
Tools - Options - Library - Maintain my star ratings as global ratings in files (press Ctrl+M if you don't see the Tools menu).

Reply #262
Dear Tim,
I really like your WMP Plus plugin. Unfortunately after installed Windows 10, the restore last playlist and position not works. Can you fix this please?
Thanks!

Reply #263
Hi, are you using the latest version of WMP Plus, version 2.8?

What's your exact Windows 10 version and build number? (press Win+R, type winver, Enter)

What exactly happens when you try the 'restore media' feature? Does anything get restored at all? Are you sure that everything is enabled in Restore Media at Startup in the plug-in's settings?

What's the file type of the music or video file that should be restored?

Reply #264
Any chance of getting a 64-bit release of this awesome plugin?

the 32-bit media player is struggling to play HEVC 4k videos via codecs so in a year or two it will be obsolete.

I would support a 64-bit release in any way I can (am a developer).

Reply #265
No, there are no plans for a 64-bit release. I have little free time left to work on the plug-in, and I prefer to spend it on polishing current features and working on new features.

It seems striking to me if playback of a video would require *that* much memory, even if the video is 4K.

Reply #266
Don't forget 64 bit also has many more registers available to it. It's also a requirement for AVX.

Reply #267
No, there are no plans for a 64-bit release. I have little free time left to work on the plug-in, and I prefer to spend it on polishing current features and working on new features.

It seems striking to me if playback of a video would require *that* much memory, even if the video is 4K.

that is unfortunate. It could be that the LAV filter's x64 codec has been worked on more than the 32-bit variant. Either way there is a clear performance drop with 4k HEVC when played on the 32-bit wmp

Reply #268
Hi, are you using the latest version of WMP Plus, version 2.8?
What's your exact Windows 10 version and build number? (press Win+R, type winver, Enter)
What exactly happens when you try the 'restore media' feature? Does anything get restored at all? Are you sure that everything is enabled in Restore Media at Startup in the plug-in's settings?
What's the file type of the music or video file that should be restored?

Hi,
Yes, I use the 2.8 version. Tried to reinstall but still not works the restore media feature.
Windows 10 version: 1607 (14393.693)
Yes all options enabled. Nothing restored. When I open WMP I see the Media Library and an empty playlist on the right side.
I have mp3 files in my Media Library, but I tried some videos now without success.

I found something: If I save the playlist before close WMP, on next start restores the media and it continuous the last media from the last state. What could be the problem?

Thanks!

Reply #269
In WMP, please go to Tools - Options - Privacy (press Ctrl+M if you don't see the Tools menu). Is the Playlists item near the bottom ticked? If it isn't, tick it and click OK. Does that fix the issue?

Reply #270
The Playlists was not ticked, that's made it working! Thanks!

Reply #271
Where does Windows Media Player Plus store it's config settings?

Reply #272
The settings are stored in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BM-productions\WMP Plus.

Reply #273
Announcement: Windows Media Player Plus! 2.9 is now available for download. This is a maintenance release that primarily includes fixes for Tag Editor Plus, together with miscellaneous other improvements.

See the Version History page for a detailed list of what has changed.

Reply #274
Announcement: the beta version of Windows Media Player Plus! 2.10 is now available for download here. This is a bugfix release primarily meant to fix a "Windows Media Player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled" error message in recent Windows 10 Insider Preview builds. Additionally, a compatibility issue with Symantec Endpoint Protection software has been fixed.

As this is a beta version, it’s possible that it still contains some bugs. Please let me know if you encounter any problems, so I can fix them for the final release. Thanks!