Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foovert (Read 49076 times) previous topic - next topic

foovert

Reply #25
I'm completely new to Foobar and I've been trying to wrap my head around how it works and how to customise it to my liking. I found Foovert and this is very close to the look I'm looking for.

However, I can't seem to make albums appear in chronological order? How do I make them appear by year?

Thanks!

foovert

Reply #26
I'm completely new to Foobar and I've been trying to wrap my head around how it works and how to customise it to my liking. I found Foovert and this is very close to the look I'm looking for.

However, I can't seem to make albums appear in chronological order? How do I make them appear by year?

Thanks!

Anyone? Here's what my Foobar looks like right now:

Basically, I want the albums to be in chronological order (sorted by year) when I click an artist. I know I can manually click the "year" column to make this happen, but it doesn't stick and I have to do it every time I click a new artist.

foovert

Reply #27

Thanks!

Anyone? Here's what my Foobar looks like right now:

Basically, I want the albums to be in chronological order (sorted by year) when I click an artist. I know I can manually click the "year" column to make this happen, but it doesn't stick and I have to do it every time I click a new artist.

This has nothing to do with foovert per se

Under preferences, go to display > columns UI > filter tab, behaviour "sort incoming files by"

Change it to:  %album artist% - %date% - %album% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%

foovert

Reply #28
e to do it every time I click a new artist.

This has nothing to do with foovert per se

Under preferences, go to display > columns UI > filter tab, behaviour "sort incoming files by"

Change it to:  %album artist% - %date% - %album% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%

Thank you for the suggestion, but I've tried this before and I can't seem to get it working. What could be causing this, or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

foovert

Reply #29
To make things easier, here's a screenshot of my settings:

I'll say this; not everything in Foobar makes much sense!

foovert

Reply #30
It depends where/view you are trying to change the album sort order? The album list on the left side of your screen, in the "library view" that you have an album highlighted in, when adding to a playlist...ect.  If you look at the tabs on top theres a title associated with each view, if you go to where you are tring to change the sort order and let me know its title name I can help you out.

Sg

foovert

Reply #31
To make the Album List view obey the incoming sort files scripts you have to make sure that "Apply core sort settings to added items" is checked on the Album List Panel settings from the Advance tab. Which can be accessed from File > Preferences > Media Library > Album List Panel.
"I never thought I'd see this much candy in one mission!"

foovert

Reply #32
Anyway its been a while since i released a new version. I've been slowly working on foovert 3 for over a year, and it should be complete around mid March.

Here is the latest version of foovert to try out:

---- 3.0 (Beta)

- NEW metadata display scripts.
- NEW foovert now uses the folder structure to display song info if meta tags are not present.
- NEW file size display scripts.
- NEW streamed file size is displayed on status bar if file size is not present.
- NEW tracks for image files now have sperate file sizes displayed on the Statuts bar and File / Ratio column.
- FIXED missing Style variable on album header.
- Updated layout for codec information for MP3 on album header.
- Cleaned code layout on album header.
- "Genre" column is not displayed on Singles layout by default anymore.
- Adjustments on some columns have been made.

TODO:

- Clean up code.
- Improve documentation.
- Update codec list.
- Improve singles view mode.
- Improve missing meta data handling.
- Get rid of "N/A" values for missing data.
- Rewrite / Improve sort scripts.

foovert

Reply #33
When do you think version 3 final will be out?

foovert

Reply #35
foovert 3 is  now released, which can be downloaded from the Columns UI configurations page.

foovert

Reply #36
Thanx a lot... I discoverted Foovert this winter, it's become my UI config and since i was wainting for version 3 

foovert

Reply #37
Hey /mnt,

Thanks again for a great setup. Keep coming back to it after every new install.
One small thing though, I'm having the same question than Jagt up here: I'm trying to have the playlist sorted using
%album artist% - %date% - %album% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%
instead of:
%album artist% - %album% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%

I've tried to set the filter "sort incoming files by" and checked "Apply core sort settings to added items" in the Album list Panel menu (I don't think this has to do with the Album List Panel settings, as this is not the Album List Panels I'm trying to sort, I have this one sorted by directory structure), but it didn't work.
As Jagt said, I can add the Year column and then click on it to sort, but it doesn't stick.

To come back to Jagt's example screenshot, I think he'd like the first displayed album (year 2012) to be located after the 4 other albums (year 1997 to 2000). This is exactly what I'm trying to do.

Any idea how this can be achieved?

F.

foovert

Reply #38
Great setup.  My only issue is that some albums don't group correctly.

99% of my albums are correctly groups, like the first album, but every once in a while I run across one that isn't.  Any ideas?  My tags are all correct.

foovert

Reply #39
Great setup.  My only issue is that some albums don't group correctly.

99% of my albums are correctly groups, like the first album, but every once in a while I run across one that isn't.  Any ideas?  My tags are all correct.

Hi, thanks for the report. Could you please copy and paste the metadata information or a screenshot of the tagging fields on the affected albums or tracks.

foovert

Reply #40
I found only 7 offending albums in my entire library that didn't group correctly.  Here are screenshots of their metadata.

Also, the notes for foovert aren't clear on where to input some of the filters.
ie, it doesn't say where the location for the following codes are:
Code: [Select]
-- Sort

$replace([$stripprefix(%album artist%)|][%date%|][$swapprefix(%album%)|][$num(%discnumber%,1)|][$num(%tracknumber%,2)|],",,'',-,' ',)%path_sort%

-- Filename (Music folder)

$replace($if2(%album artist%,Unknown Artist)\$if2(%album%,Unknown Album)\[$ifgreater(%totaldiscs%,1,%discnumber%.,)][%tracknumber%. ]%title%[ '('%track artist%')'],<,'[',>,']',",'''',:,,?,,*,,)

I found the location for Sort from earlier in this thread, but I cannot find the place for the filename code.

Lastly, the readme says to set the playlist filter to "Hide on playlists" but while the notes says to set it to "Hide on Playlists"

foovert

Reply #41
I can't find the edit button, but the last part of that post should say...

Lastly, the readme says to set the playlist filter to "Show only on playlists" but while the notes says to set it to "Hide on Playlists"

foovert

Reply #42
@ gir404

Thanks for information on your affected tracks. The tagging on the tracks seen fine, expect the The Kinks which has multiple total track values, but that wouldn't cause the problems. However judging on the tags, it looks like you are using a third party ReplayGain scanner, foovert will automatically think a track is a single if only a track gain tag is present.

You can solve this problem by disabling the hybrid view. Which can be done be accessing the global variables section at: File > Preferences > Display > ColumnsUI > Playlist view > Globals and edit this from the variables tab:
// Display mode
// 0 = Album  1 = Hybrid
$puts(d_mode,1)

to:
// Display mode
// 0 = Album  1 = Hybrid
$puts(d_mode,0)

Lastly, the readme says to set the playlist filter to "Show only on playlists" but while the notes says to set it to "Hide on Playlists"

The notes.txt file contains personal scripts that I use for renaming files and sorting input files, which can also be beneficial to other foobar2000 users who want to use foobar2000's advance features.

I will admit the Readme file has some really bad errors and I will amend them as possible when I have free time. The playlist filter is supposed to be set to "Hide on Playlist", which for reason ends up being opposite on the Readme file.

Anyway sorry for the late reply and hope this helps out.

foovert

Reply #43
Thank you for the fix!  If I'm using a third party ReplayGain scanner, I am doing so without knowing it.  Regardless, thanks for the quick reply and fix.