Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help explaining output of wvunpack. (Read 3055 times) previous topic - next topic

Help explaining output of wvunpack.

Hello. I am a Linux user and am trying to use wvunpack to convert a bunch of .wv files to .wav. However, I decided to check them before using the -v flag; for example, I did wvunpack -v audio_file.wv. According to the man page, this flag is used to
verify source data only (no output file created);
as I understand it, it is an integrity check. The output for the aforementioned example is something like

Code: [Select]
audio_file.wv:
verified audio_file.wv in 2.36 secs (lossless, 46.22%).

What I don't understand is what part in parenthesis means. Specifically, I don't know what the percentage means. If anyone could help me out I would deeply appreciate it. Thank you.

Reply #1
Compression. It means that your WV file is 46.22% smaller than WAV.

Reply #2
Have never used it, but as it is part of a compression format, it's likely related to compression level