Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 (Mobile Edition)  (Read 178313 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Foobar2000 (Mobile Edition)

Reply #175
Hi,
Those 3 "would be nice"-s are available for foobar2000 on windows OS.
I thought it would be nice for small android device [smartphone] users to gain access ,using the analog stereo out,to the "surround world".....kinda:
multichannel file--downmix to stereo DPL II---output to analog stereo--decode in a surround receiver[device] at home or in  car using the build-in DPL II decoder[this one is present in 99% of surround receivers].
Actually all this is available if using a windows 8 or 10 tablet as playing device.

N

Reply #176
I'm using foobar mobile on android and just run into an issue reading playlists where special characters are not read properly. The playlist file contains unicode characters, but it seems foobar mobile interpretes them as ansi.

Reply #177
Just a quick question. I've been using fb2k downloaded from the playstore. But, is there another option for supporters?

Reply #178
There is only one release that is available for all.

Reply #179
hello, I'm a new android user of Foobar2000 mobile

just tested now

no .cue support ??

Reply #180
No one complains about the lack of .cue support ??

Reply #181
It seems nobody needs cue,third p...... dts decoder,channel mixer,DPL II stereo downmixer......

N

Reply #182
Hi!

Foobar associated itself with EVERY file extension. How do I fix this?

Reply #183
How exactly do I get my FLAC files onto my iPhone 7 Plus? I mean step by step? I've read something about file sharing...
Vipervick

Reply #184
On the desktop version of foobar, I heavily rely on an autoplaylist defined by "%added% DURING LAST 12 WEEKS SORT DESCENDING BY %added%"

If I recall correctly, %added% is provided by the Playback Statistics component.

Is it possible to generate a playlist with similar functionality in foobar mobile?

Reply #185
iOS Testing, iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

I have a question regarding the use of UPnP Server and playing files from the Documents Folder.

Any solution for this!!!!!!

When playing music sent to the Documents Folder, the App only shows the filename. No artwork or tags show up. Is this a limitation of the software or is it a UPnP Server issue? The file was transcoded from lossless ALAC to mp3 and downloaded to the iPhone. Does UPnP not carry the mp3 tags over or is the issue the App not reading tags in files stored in the Documents Folder?

The music file plays perfectly.

Reply #186
If your upnp server is transcoding, it is likely the ID Tags are not being written to the transcoded file.

Reply #187
Where's the best place to report bugs spoon?

There's a few on my S6.

- Doesn't restart on headphones plugged in
- Leaving app with notifcation open then pressing play causes the notification to be a blank window, no controls etc
- Random crashes that I've not figured out yet

with 1 suggestion from Poweramp that I like

- allow the user to choose not to reduce volume on notifications

Cheers.

Reply #188
The best place is the mobile foobar forum, there is a wishlist and bug report section.

mobile.foobar2000.com/

Reply #189
How can I import/save a playlist?
With much frustration I made a playlist from a local playlist for mobile with relative paths.
It works, but I cannot save/add the playlist within fb2k mobile. Nor did I found fb2k's playlist folder in android. (where is it?)

Reply #190
I love this app but there are some problems:
- when disc number file tag is set to letter (to represent vinyl LP side on vinyl rips) only tracks from one side are in read library
- I use 200x200 png images for album covers and when this app converts them with some lossy compression for preview it adds very noticeable artifacts

Reply #191
Disc number will held internally as a number, you are best sticking to non-letters for disc numbers.

The preview titles will be much higher resolution than 200x200, so they are scaled up. You are best to get decent album art.

Reply #192
Hi,
You guys know how to add plugin into DSP Manager for IOS mobile or is it fixed?

This app is awesome btw...

Reply #194
I use m3u playlists on my Android because they're easy to generate from my desktop database (since they consist of only a relative path and file name). Foobar plays them but, regardless of whether I browse to a playlist file from the music folder, or specifically by adding the playlist folder to the list of playlist folders, the files are not sorted and do not play in the order in which they are listed, nor are they sorted by track number.

Example (omitting relative path names):

1 Andante - Allegro Non Troppo.mp3
2 Andante Con Moto.mp3
3 Scherzo--Allegro Vivace.mp3
4 Finale--Allegro Vivace.mp3

Foobar displays and plays the list in this order:

1 Andante - Allegro Non Troppo.mp3
3 Scherzo--Allegro Vivace.mp3
2 Andante Con Moto.mp3
4 Finale--Allegro Vivace.mp3

Reply #195
Hi, are there any visual plugins available? I would love to for example, use milkdrop onto my phone whether as a plugin or streamed some how within Foobar2000 Android player

Reply #196
Can I change what filename for cover art is expected anyhow?
I'm still waiting for letters to be acceptable for disc #

Reply #197
Can I change what filename for cover art is expected anyhow?
I'm still waiting for letters to be acceptable for disc #
I doubt it. Last time I checked the modile edition lacked any sort of configurability for cover art.

Reply #198
When albums are sorted by date I expected month and day to be read as well as year so albums that came in same year can be sorted correctly.

Reply #199
I upped the resolution of my cover art pictures but I can still see the artifacts on some that are not there when I open them as normal pictures in other app