Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Howto rip my 200 CD's ? CD Jukebox? (Read 4572 times) previous topic - next topic

Howto rip my 200 CD's ? CD Jukebox?

I want to rip all 200 of my CD's, and I reallly don't want to do it 1 CD at a time.  What solutions are there?

Could I connnect some sort of CD Jukebox to my computer?

Could I connect a regular consumer CD jukebox and then use some sort of digital connection (eg. optical)?  Is there software that does all the sync'ing for me?  I'd prefer to be able to use my regular ripping software (EAC).

Are there any computer CD jukeboxes that aren't extremely expensive?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Reply #1
I want to rip all 200 of my CD's, and I reallly don't want to do it 1 CD at a time.  What solutions are there?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=320058"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm afraid the best practical solution involves lots of manual work. However, there are small firms that do high quality ripping & encoding - if you're more willing to pay than do the work yourself.

Reply #2
It'll run you about $1 a CD to have a company rip it for you.

Reply #3
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=320070"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And how do they do it?

Reply #4
http://www.awaken.com/

They send you a box, you put all your CD's in it, they rip them for you, send you DVD's full of your mp3's so you can transfer them to your computer, and return your CD's to you alphabetized in a carrying case.

If you would like a different format than mp3:

http://www.readytoplay.com/

Here is another if you are looking to get a pre-filled mp3 player too:

http://www.riptopia.com/

Reply #5
I wonder how good work they do in tagging. I cannot imagine that they do a good job with that.

Reply #6
Thanks for the info Bryanhoop - I checked out those sites.

I was actually wondering how they do it technically.

Reply #7
I want to rip all 200 of my CD's, and I reallly don't want to do it 1 CD at a time.

Why not. A good DVD-ROM drive will rip a CD is lees than 6 minutes using EAC.
LAME will take about a full day on a good computer to encode.

And, you know what? Is is actually fun.

You get to rediscover a lot of music you didn't remember you had.

I did it a few months ago.
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Reply #8
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=320070"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hey, I was ripped off then.. I did about 120 for a friend and all I received was a good
dinner (not $120 worth though)    (Well actually 2)
And, you know what? Is is actually fun.

You get to rediscover a lot of music you didn't remember you had.

As odd as it sounds it is true... I did the same thing while finishing up almost all of mine.

I used 2 computers over a weekend while doing misc. stuff around the homestead walked by the computer every 10 minutes or so, stuck in 2 more discs and carried on.

Reply #9
well, due to my own experience, I tell you, that ripping 200 CDs is not much work or effort, if the Cds are in a good condition, ie. your private CDs without many scratches, opposite to CDs from public libraries.
I wouldn't let it do by  a company, try yourself ripping according to EAC Tutorials for Loseless, Lossless & Lossy MPC, ape, flac, shn, wavpack etc. www.High-Quality.ch.vu
You have then control over the quality of tags, the quality of the rip, output formats...  (yeah, I should really add a mareo.exe guide for 1 step ripping-encoding-tagging to Lossless, MPC & Mp3 at same time...)

Reply #10
Perhaps look for a CD Jukebox at companies dumping their old stuff.
Last week i found a CD Jukebox for free. The Cygnet's Infinidisc CD jukebox.
Doesn't work though, needs some fixing. But if it works, it will hold up to 250 cd's and reads as many as 4 cd's.