Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Serious bug - Foobar won't run if not updated (Read 840 times) previous topic - next topic

Serious bug - Foobar won't run if not updated

I am running version 1.3.17, and the program refuses to run and says that it has been more than eight weeks since it was updated.

That is the latest non-beta version. I can't control how often the program is updated, so now it's just not working anymore.

Will I have to wait for the developer to put out a new version before I can use it again?

Re: Serious bug - Foobar won't run if not updated

Reply #1
Time limit only exists in alphas and betas. I'm going to assume you are on some early 1.4 beta version as those have expired by now. If you wish to verify you can right click foobar2000.exe and check its properties. Details tab shows 1.4.0.0 for all current 1.4 pre-release versions but if you are on 1.3.17 you will see version 1.3.17.0.

You can download the old release version or a new non-expired beta from here. If you happened to have some new components made for 1.4 you'll save yourself a lot of trouble by not going to old version.

PS: there should be a new beta coming out on monday. Don't wait between updates when using the beta version.

Re: Serious bug - Foobar won't run if not updated

Reply #2
@nugrob : have you been fiddling with Advanced Preferences within last 3 months? Maybe you accidentally checked something like "automatically update to latest beta" (something like this, should be last or one of the last options there) and then you changed your mind after some time and unckecked it? Checking it first might caused that foobar updated to one of first betas of v 1.4. Unchecking it later might caused that foobar stopped updating and got stuck in some beta, which has now expired. That's the only situation that comes to my mind, where you can think you have v 1.3.17 while it turns out to be some beta (supposedly later than 1.3.17). As Case said, only betas do expire...