Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559161 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #5300
seems to work fine in ng-mode!  made me switching right now...  guess its just a matter of time, when you will include it in columns? thx!!!

still searching for a way to use tab stacks on pre-defined folders. any ideas or workarounds?
my file-structure looks like

x:\music\singles\artist\xyz.mp3
x:\music\albums\artist\album\xyz.mp3

and i would love to have 3 tabs linked to singles, albums and both... filters doesnt seem to do the job!?

Columns UI

Reply #5301
I love the win7 thumbnail integration in the newest version.

Columns UI

Reply #5302
Wow, thanks for the update and the possibility to set up artist pictures for artwork view
Unfortunately i can't access it with right-click on the panel...
Oops sorry.. Try 0.3.7.1
guess its just a matter of time, when you will include it in columns?
Columns playlist is obsolete.. It doesn't get new features.

Columns UI

Reply #5303
Thank you
Since artwork view now switches images with left-click too (when did you implemented it? I always had only the "hand" without function so far...) i can replace my own made cover WSH panel mod

Columns UI

Reply #5304
when did you implemented it?
It's done that for a long time (always I thought), anyway that was what the hand was for..

Columns UI

Reply #5305
Never worked for me...
I still thought "what's that hand for when click does nothing" 
Really...

But haven't tried it since about 0.3.6.7, though

Columns UI

Reply #5306
I haven't changed anything there for a while.. But it wouldn't have done anything if active track only had one type of artwork.

Columns UI

Reply #5307
I tried it again and now i think i know the reason:
I haven't set up artwork view but use foobar's in-built artreader mode, because more than half of my music's collection has embedded album art and the foobar artreader doesn't recognizes additional externals.
So i think it never was your fault, but mine 

Columns UI

Reply #5308
MusicMusic, thanks for the update. Love autocomplete for inline editing.

Columns UI

Reply #5309
I have a question about the Filter. Is it possible to have a field sorted other that alphabetically? For example, to have a list of albums sorted chronologically?

Also, why does entering multiple values in %genre% like "Classical, Opera" produces two entries ("Classical" and "Opera") in the corresponding Filter panel while entering similar values in %style% produces a single new "Classical, Opera" entry?

Columns UI

Reply #5310
hi2all, i was wondering about the possibility to show artwork only the "filter results" playlist and not in the others, while artwork looks great ofcourse with complete albums its a bit messy with alot of several artists looking like this.

http://78.108.54.10/martin/columpl.jpg

best regards
soppman

Columns UI

Reply #5311
I have a question about the Filter. Is it possible to have a field sorted other that alphabetically? For example, to have a list of albums sorted chronologically?

Hi,

try someting like that:

Code: [Select]
['('%Date%')']   [%Album%]

Greets

Columns UI

Reply #5312
can anyone help me out with this?

I wanna enlarge the columns playlist as you can see according to the arrows,anybody knows this?

[a href="http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fooow.jpg" target="_blank"]

Columns UI

Reply #5313
hi2all, i was wondering about the possibility to show artwork only the "filter results" playlist and not in the others, while artwork looks great ofcourse with complete albums its a bit messy with alot of several artists looking like this.

You can try with limiting the playlist view grouping only to filtered playlist:

preferences > cui > playlist view > grouping: edit group by double clicking the script and select "show only on playlists" then enter "filter *"

or you can right click the title bar and deselect "artwork"

Columns UI

Reply #5314
after having the columns ui-cracks in here, i decided to continue posting in here again...

now using $if($strstr(%path%,Albums),%album artist%) on filter, how it comes, the filtered list shows the wanted results and right number of albums in brackets behind the "All" node, but having the complete database on playlist-view when selecting "All" node?

is this the expected behaviour of the all-node in filters, a bug or wrong code in syntax of my filter???

thx i.a.!

Columns UI

Reply #5315
because you select "All Artist"?!

Columns UI

Reply #5316

try someting like that:
Code: [Select]
['('%Date%')']   [%Album%]

Actually, I do not want the list to display dates before album titles. I just want a sorting criteria separate from the sorted content.

Columns UI

Reply #5317
because you select "All Artist"?!

isnt it (the ng-playlist) supposed to show only "all" artists, that were filtered - as the number in brackets seems to reflect and its listed in the filter-window???

Columns UI

Reply #5318
Columns UI 0.3.7.2 released.

This fixes a rare issue with Item details panel, with it encountering invalid UTF-8 characters - apparently when listening to certain radio streams - causing the panel to get stuck in an infinite loop (eventually crashing).

Columns UI

Reply #5319
Musicmusic, why does entering multiple values in %genre% like "Classical; Opera" produces two entries ("Classical" and "Opera") in the corresponding Filter panel while entering similar values in %style% produces a single new "Classical, Opera" entry?

Columns UI

Reply #5320
This is probably not a ColumnsUI issue. Go to Preferences -> Advanced -> Display -> Properties dialog -> Multivalue fields and check if STYLE is defined there. If not, add it there. Already tagged fields are not affected by this change. You have to retag them.

Columns UI

Reply #5321
I think your filter panel must be looking for %<genre>% rather than %genre%, but it's looking for %style% rather than %<style>%. I think if you put just the field name, as in 'Genre', it looks for %<genre>%.

Columns UI

Reply #5322
I think your filter panel must be looking for %<genre>% rather than %genre%, but it's looking for %style% rather than %<style>%. I think if you put just the field name, as in 'Genre', it looks for %<genre>%.

Brilliant! It worked!

Columns UI

Reply #5323
I think I've found a bug/glitch: in Filter Preferences, enter a quite long string in Field, enough to make the text clip, then double click the right column header separator to make the scroll bar appear. Now try to edit another Field, which has to be very short: the string to be edited is not visible in the box, because it scrolls to the end of the longest string.

Columns UI

Reply #5324
I see many great fully modded skins in this forum that pretend to use Columns UI as fundament. But how do I learn to create such awesome user interfaces? I'm new to foobar2000 and played around with Columns UI and even Panel Stack Splitter, but I don't see options for using self-made skin graphics and how to embed them smoothlessly into the program. How did all those guys get so much out of Columns UI? The Columns UI Wiki won't help me.