Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sound will be and big and small with faad? (Read 4593 times) previous topic - next topic

Sound will be and big and small with faad?

I have a adts stream, decode with faad, the sound will be and big and small. But with ffmpeg, it works well.

ffmpeg.wav
out.wav
adts.aac

out.wav is decoded by faad, and ffmpeg.wav with ffmpeg. In out.wav, from the 20 second to the 22 second, and from the 40 second to the 41 second, these two periods is suddenly becoming to very big.  There's no any error when decoding.

Who can help to check?

Reply #1
Volume does jump for me too, but also jumps when playing through libavcodec (the ffmpeg library) in VLC.  There seems to be something wrong with the AAC file.

Reply #2
Did you tried the ffmpeg from ffmpeg official website?  That's OK for me.

Volume does jump for me too, but also jumps when playing through libavcodec (the ffmpeg library) in VLC.  There seems to be something wrong with the AAC file.

Reply #3
Did you tried the ffmpeg from ffmpeg official website?  That's OK for me.

No, but I assume it works since it works for you.  It may simply be a newer version of the ffmpeg library than I have that handles something weird in the file.  Or a Windows vs Linux issue since I'm on Linux.

Reply #4
I have a adts stream, decode with faad, the sound will be and big and small. But with ffmpeg, it works well.
...Who can help to check?

Hi
I think it is faad decoder that has difficulty with this adts file.

It plays OK for me with MPlayer and FFplay (which use libavcodec)
MPlayer SVN-r37183
ffplay version 2.2.git-eeb4835

Volume jumps up with VLC because it uses faad, but can be overcome by forcing avcodec, then it plays OK for me with VLC.
VLC media player 2.1.5 Rincewind (revision 97c355d)
Code: [Select]
cvlc adts.aac --codec avcodec

Windows command is probably:-
Code: [Select]
vlc adts.aac --codec avcodec -I dummy