Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Feature request: Native TAK decoding (Read 1199 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature request: Native TAK decoding

Well, this is a rather "simple" request.

I would really like to see out-of-the-box support for TAK. I've really come to like this codec, and the official component is not up-to-date—it is packed with an old version of the decoder library which works quite a bit slower than the latest (2.2.0) one. You can update it by following the rather simple instructions here, but I don't think that's the point.

Also, I like to think that the more native support there is for codecs, the better.

Reply #1
I'm sorry for bring this back from the dead, but are there any (at all) comments regarding this?

Reply #2
You could have figured this out yourself but I'll bite.
There is nothing you would gain compared to the current situation, there is a TAK decoder plugin you only have to update the decoder library yourself.
The TAK-decoder is not open source that means you can forget it to be added to the foobar2000 native decoders. It is simply not possible at this time.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.