Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burning Foobar playlists to a cd (Read 11320 times) previous topic - next topic

Burning Foobar playlists to a cd

Ok,  total newbie here so go easy

Have recently downloaded foobar after reading some good reviews... I'm currently making some playlists for friends and have got to the stage where I want to burn them to cd.

Now... I've tried looking up info on how to do this with foobar but am still confused, i read that you don't have to download the nero burning software and can use a foobar component.. the "audio cd writer" I've downloaded this and have manually put it into the foobar components list... it now shows up in preferences as "audio cd writer 3.0.1 foo_burninate"

so.. how do i now burn my playlists? do I still need to download nero?

also... my playlists contain both mp3 and flac files, will i be able to burn a cd straigh away or do i have to convert everything to mp3?

appologies if these are daft questions, foobar seems like a good program but I feel a bit in over my head at the moment!

thanks in advance for any help!
New2foo

Reply #1
so.. how do i now burn my playlists?
Select all files in the playlist (use lasso or Ctrl+A, just like you would elsewhere), right click and select "Write Audio CD..."

do I still need to download nero?
No.

also... my playlists contain both mp3 and flac files, will i be able to burn a cd straigh away or do i have to convert everything to mp3?
All files are decoded to PCM by foobar before being written to the Audio CD.

Please Note: foo_burninate doesn't create mp3 data CDs; it creates standard, ~80 minute, Audio CDs.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
Thanks for the quick reply!

I followed your instuctions and instead of burning the tracks to cd, i got sent to a microsoft support page sugesting i download "Windows Feature Pack for Storage 1.0"

here...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952011

do I have to download this now?

thanks
New2foo

Reply #3
Yep.

That must mean you're on XP.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #4
yep, just checked and i'm on xp with service pack 2...

ok.. clicked the download link and it sent me to this page

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

theres a long list of downloads, do i have to download them all? or just specific ones?

if just specific ones.. which ones? 

thanks for this help it's really appreiciated!
New2foo

Reply #5
pretty sure you only need IMAPI_XP_SRV2003_x86.exe

Since you're not on Vista, it should be fairly obvious that you don't need the ones labeled "vista".
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #6
yeah i kinda figured to avoid the ones for vista, just wasnt sure wether to download the ones marked srv or not... (assume nearly no technical knowlege here! lol)

anyways I downloaded the IMAPI_XP_SRV2003_x86.exe file and followed your instructions... (highlight then right click then clcik on write to audio cd) but all i get now is this message "CD burning initialization failed: No recording devices found"

Does this mean i cant burn cds on this computer? or is there some setting i can change to make it work?

can't beleive i'm having so much trouble with this!   

sorry for being a pain here!

New2foo

Reply #7
This might be a dumb question: does this computer you are at have a CD burning drive?
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #8
This might be a dumb question: does this computer you are at have a CD burning drive?

(not a dumb question considering my level of knowlege lol!) yep its got a cd burner, ive used it to burn cds using windows media player in the past, I just burnt a cd using media player to double check the drive was working ok.... and the disc burnt fine,

hmm i guess i could go back to using media player but id rather stay with foobar as it plays all file types and has a wealth of good features plus of course a great forum with people who are really helpfull! 

I'll understand if you give up on this one, its driving me mad too lol

edited to clarify some points
New2foo

Reply #9
what kind of CD burner do you have? You can find out under the properties section of your CD Drive and clicking Hardware.

Reply #10
what kind of CD burner do you have? You can find out under the properties section of your CD Drive and clicking Hardware.

ok... I think this is make and model of the CD drive.... tsst corp cddvdw sh-s202j

I've been searching the forums and it seems that a few people have had the same or similar problems, even after downloading the microsoft imapi file.

Hopefully there is a way round this! Its taken me weeks to put these playlists together and I really want to get em burnt!
New2foo

Reply #11
Still Havn't been able to get FB to burn cds, if anyone has any advice id be gratefull!,  I'd like to persevere with FB as it looks like a useful program, but if its a matter of my drive or something being incompatible with foobar i'd like to know! Thanks for all help thats been given

just to recap... im getting this message when I try and burn an audio cd "CD burning initialization failed: No recording devices found"  the drive is definitely there! and it's burnt cds using other programs in the past.
New2foo

Reply #12
I don't even have a menu selection in Foobar to "Write Audio CD..." when I right-click on my list. Why would that be?

I'm on Windows 7, foobar2000 v0.9.6.9. I can't find "Write Audio CD..." even in the preferences for the drop-down. Has that option been removed or does it not work on Win 7?

Reply #13
Assuming you have the latest foo_burninate and foobar installed it should be under context menu>convert>write autio CD.
Possibly have hold shift while opening the context menu to make it appear.

Reply #14
Obviously, I'm more of a newbie than the OP. However, I got it to work (I needed the foo_burninate.dll). Thanks for your help!