Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 2.0 (Portable) - Will the absence of the "profiles" directory cause problems? (Read 234 times) previous topic - next topic

2.0 (Portable) - Will the absence of the "profiles" directory cause problems?

I owe the organization of my audio library to foobar2000. I ripped all the content from my (closed) CD store to HDDs using CUERipper and refining the organization with foobar2000 - by far the best in the world when you know what you want and what you're doing (thanks for the unsurpassed Masstagger)! And this extraordinary technology is free - THANK YOU SO MUCH!

In this context, I clarify that I don't like the "profiles" folder - not that this is a complaint, it's just a purely personal preference - although I understand very well the usefulness of its existence (it helps very well in organizing directories).

That said, after more than 8 years of keeping a comfortable pattern, I'm migrating to the very welcome version 2.0 and I'd like to keep my portable installation of foobar2000 as "open" as possible, without hiding directories under directories, as I like to have an overview of everything contained in the main directory ("foobar2000").

So, I take care to ask:

Will I run any risk of future incompatibility if I keep avoiding the "profile" directory?

Thank you very much. I only have reasons to be grateful. Thanks.