Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Add support for INSTRUMENT (Performer) in ReFacets (Read 482 times) previous topic - next topic

Add support for INSTRUMENT (Performer) in ReFacets

Vorbis supports Instrument (performer) - https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Tag_Mapping#:~:text=INSTRUMENT%20%5B17%5D%20(with%20performer%3F)%5B7%5D
Example - Guitar (Billie Joe; James Hetfield); Bass (Jhon Campbell); Vocals (Taylor Swift); Rapper (Eminem)

Problems to solve -
1. Ignore value in bracket to only get Instrument in a Re/Facets column. Example -  To get all songs with synth.
2. See all Instruments by a Performer. Add ablilty to see all Perfumers for an instrument in another column.
4. Add support for multiple Performer per Instrument - In the screenshot posted see Tre Cool is separated.
ojos-azules-cat

Re: Add support for INSTRUMENT (Performer) in ReFacets

Reply #1
I suggested a way of tagging the two separate fields over here, perhaps you saw it? If you only tagged one instrument per performer, then multi-value INSTRUMENT -> PERFORMER columns would work fine (or vice-versa). I think using the two separate fields would make it a lot simpler.

Otherwise you'd need some fancy title formatting to try splitting values up - I did not investigate that any further. (And I'm not sure it would work in either Re/Facets or even Album List, since they both have warnings about multi-values and "string functions" - see wiki 1 "Safe Functions" and 2 "Multi-value Fields")

In other words, you need string functions to remove bracketed text, and that may not work with multi-value. So you may have to use two separate fields if you want them both in separate columns.

(Even so, not tested this, so I'm not 100% certain - maybe other folks have a method and can comment...)

Reply #2
If you only tagged one instrument per performer, then multi-value INSTRUMENT -> PERFORMER columns would work fine
No... Actually now that I think about it, this would not really be any use, either. Because then I think clicking in the column on one INSTRUMENT would just return every PERFORMER, because they're all tagged together on the same tracks. (Right?)

So my idea in that reddit post would work for Text Display element like I explained, but not really useful for columns, I think.

I need some sleep ...

Reply #3
I can't find any thing in wiki to split INTRUMENT 1(Performer 1; Performer 2); INTRUMENT 2 (Performer 2; Performer 3)
@anamorphic
ojos-azules-cat